No announcement yet.

"Memory parity error" with ICD Beta ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Memory parity error" with ICD Beta ! !

O.k. I know it's not my Motherboard and PC-133 memory.

I installed the 5.25 drivers. They run fine and all. But when I replace the ICD with the BETA Icd, I get nothing but "Memory parity error detected" at a blue screen upon running any OGL game, Via Q3 or Q2..

But when I replace it back to the original 5.25 ICD it came with, I get no problems..

Anyone else experience this ?

I'm using a Asus P299-B, Win 98SE, PIII-558, Singlehead G400 32meg.

P.S. My system can run at 600mhz without L2 at 133mhz... So I know it's not my hardware...

[This message has been edited by Z_Morris (edited 09-12-1999).]

That's why they call it a beta.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks for that lovely answer. I really never thought it was called Beta! DUH!!!!

I was wondering if anyone else experience the same problem, not why!

But thanks for the 2 year old response. That word Beta just never clicked in my head.

Comment

Hello,

Maybe i read your post wrong but...to install the beta ICD, you should install PD 5.25 normally THEN unzip the Beta ICD to your C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM folder. Dont replace any ICD or remove any icd from 5.25...i think you have installed it wrong. Hope this helps...good luck.

------------------
        P3 500(not overclocked)
        128 MB PC100 SDRAM
        SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
        Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
        Diamond MX300 Sound Card
        AOpen 40x CD ROM
        Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
        Motorola Cable Modem
        Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
        17" CRT Monitor
        Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----
        P3 500(not overclocked)
        128 MB PC100 SDRAM
        SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
        Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
        Diamond MX300 Sound Card
        AOpen 40x CD ROM
        Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
        Motorola Cable Modem
        Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
        17" CRT Monitor
        Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Comment

Yep, I have tried that as well. Just cut-n-paste the file and the same results happen.

I'm just trying to find out if i'm the only one suffering this problem... I mean it would be nice if I wasn't the only one, if you know what i mean. So I can say it's not my hardware or what not.

But yep Cool Breeze, I have tried that.

Comment

What I was trying to say is that since it is a beta it is going to have problems. You also need to understand that this beta is also an older version of the ICD and had problems when it was originally tested is why it was never offically released back in July.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Understood. But I was curious if anyone else had my type of problem with the Beta ICD.

I know problems are going to arise. But I'm trying to find out if mine is a fluke or if others using it have encountered the same problem.

Just don't want to be the only one with this problem.... If you know what i'm getting at.

Comment

Hi,

I'm just surprised about that "parity" thing. Parity is supposed to be a technology which detects (only detects :-) ) errors as far as the RAM is concerned. However it is no longer used (ECC has replaced it). I do not know if you can disable this (Give it a try through the BIOS). I have ECC and I will install the drivers and test it as soon as I get back in Athens. ECC can be disabled in my system however...

I'll let you know...

Anyway I hope these new drivers will solve the problems I now have. I didn't have them with the 5.13!

------------------
                PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

It might be Win98SE.

I haven't got 98SE, but I have heard from others using SE and other vid-cards with OGL, that they have problems like this as well...

Win98 is secure. Try to install FE (First Edition) instead. And see if the problem persists.

Win98SE: Debugging the 300 bugs in Win98FE and adding 500 more bugs to it...

Jorden.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Do you have ECC ram Z_Morris? There is a known issue with ECC and Asus mobos. If you do have it, disable the error checking in the bios.

ECC is just a form of parity. Stands for Error Checking and Correction. Parity is the Checking part.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Had same problem recently after updating bios on my P2B1999

When I disabled ECC in bios, it went away after 1 extra reboot.

Derek
                      Wishing for snow, want to go skiing so bad its killing me.

Comment

Working...
                      X