Question re: AGP1x v AGP2x?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: AGP1x v AGP2x?

Can someone tell me where to find the setting for AGP1x or 2x? I know where the divider setting is, but can't seen to find the AGP setting.

Thx, NightOps
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    AbitBH6/PII300(o/c450)/128M

Greebe,

The AGP/CLK from my understanding is the divider for the FSB and not the AGP 1x/2x setting. Using my o/c 100FSB setting gives me 66.6Mhz slot speed with a 2/3 divider and 100Mhz with the 1/1 divider.

The (design) board speed should be 66.6Mhz x 2 = 133.3Mhz which would work with the AGP2x setting and 2/3 divider. If I tried AGP2x with 100Mhz FSB, the card would be running at 200Mhz (100Mhzx2) and probably spontaneously combust.

After digging into the forums a bit more, it seems as if the AGP 1x/2x setting requires a registry hack. Hmmmm...now I'm really confused.

NightOps
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    AbitBH6/PII300(o/c-450)/128M

[This message has been edited by NightOps23 (edited 09-11-1999).]

Comment

Hi Nightops,

goto www.murc.ws and download the registry patches that Ant compiled.

In there you'll find a patch called 'ForceAGP1x.reg', make sure your card is using the same display entry (0000) and double-click that patch, reboot and you're in AGP1x ...

------------------
      Cheerio,
      Maggi
      Millenium G400 32MB DH
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

actually, my vid cards running great at 96 mhz fsb

Comment

I assume you're trying to find the location of your AGPFlags in the registry.Path on my machine is as follows(yours may vary,but you'll be running in the right direction)
          Start-run-regedit-click Hkey_local machine-system-current control set-services-class-display(at this juncture,you should see 000,click on this)settings-cpu,you should see AGPFallback And AGPFlags.You can change the settings manually,or use the reg hacksbut you can come back to this to confirm every things kosher and also to make sure you see 000,in order to make sure reg hacks will work.Good luck!
          p.s.If yo do not see AGPFlags on the first look,don't worry, hacks will add this,as long as you see 000.

[This message has been edited by Alfie (edited 09-12-1999).]

Comment

Keep in mind that the agp bus runs at 66MHz whether it's at 1x or 2x. 2x just uses both the rise and the fall of the wave for it's signal, effectively doubling the throughput.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
            X