Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synch SDRAM to AGP or FSB?

Which should I do?

I expect that synching it to the AGP bus would make my PC-100 memory perform like PC-66 memory, since it's synched to the AGP bus. On other hand, maybe it would make for smoother D3D, since the SDRAM would be sycnhed with the AGP bus for the most efficient AGP transfers.

I'd guess that synching the SDRAM to the FSB would enable PC-100 performance, but may result in less-than-efficient AGP transfers, since the SDRAM and the AGP bus would be out of synch, leading to jerkiness in D3D support, stuff like that.

Please advise. I'd appreciate it.

Bill
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

AGP transfers in todays games aren't really very important yet, expecially if you've got a 32MB card. There's not much that will even fill up an 8MB card. I'd leave it synced to the FSB.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
    X