Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptec Easy CD-Creator Deluxe 4

Hi,

Has anybody else noticed that Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4 under NT4 Server blue screens after starting if you have a G200? I'm running the 4.13 drivers (am going to try and install the 4.22 drivers over the weekend) currently, and the STOP screen specifically mentions mga64.sys as the offending item.

I was just wondering if anyone else with a G200 running NT4 Server (running SP5) and also the new Easy CD Creator Deluxe also had problems. My Matrox BIOS, by the way, is the current one - 2.6.

Many thanks,

Nick King

I am not running any versions of Easy CD Creator under any OS anymore.

It is notorious in "Updating" the OS files during the installation procedure.

My last attempt to install one in W95B cost me one evening worth of tracking down which files it had "Upgraded", and getting back working versions of those.

Nero works just fine in NT and W9x

Pertti

Comment

I'm using Easy Cd Creator 4.0 with Win 98 and G400. I have read on the newsgroup
      (comp.publish.cdrom.software) that there were many problems with 4.0 and NT AND Win98. I use with Drivers 5.15 and have not had any blue screens. Perhaps you can try the newsgroup...many are complaining of glitches in the new versions. I have done the troubleshooting and can't recreate the problems. Perhaps new drivers will help.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

Hmmm, that newsgroup is very interesting reading... I think I might contact Adaptec Tech Support and get a refund... Wait for version 4.5!!!

Anyhow, finally managed to get hold of a MAX from RAM computers in Manchester... Should be getting it on Monday/Tuesday - about time!

Wonder whether it'll produce the same problems with Easy CD Creator 4??!!

Nick King ;-)

Comment

Can you please post the link for the EZCD 4.0 upgrade? Thanks dude...
          Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

And when it comes to windows 2000.... yep, blue screen here to! (have a g400m)

Comment

EVERY version of Easy CD Creator I have installed under NT4 SP5 has BSOD'ed (not vid card related in my case, SCSI). So much for bundled software. Save your $ and get Nero.

------------------
              Cel 266@448 on Asus P2b (1009), 128MB, OEM G400/16, Quantum Obsidian S12, Fujitsu 5.25gb, MX300, Dlink 530, Grey Cat, Orange Cat (still MIA)

Games Box
              --------------
              Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
              ------
              Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
              -------------
              Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Working...
              X