Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400MAX + (Rainbow Runner OR Miro DC10+) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX + (Rainbow Runner OR Miro DC10+) ?

I'll be getting my G400 MAX soon and I wondered what people here recommended for video editing (without going stupid price-wise). I've basically narrowed down my choices to either a RR G-Series or a DC10+ from Miro/Pinnacle. Any thoughts?
    At last! My greatest invention!

isn't DC10+ WAY more expensive?

I'm also looking at adding video editing card to my G400MAX and RR-G is the only reasonably priced card I ever found...
    P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

Actually its the DC30 thats way more expensive, the DC10+ is competition for the RR-G. I myself had the same dilemma, DC10+ or RR-G. In the end I chose the DC10+ because of the support and I noticed that a lot of people are out there to help out for that card since a lot more own it than the RR-G (just go through rec.video.desktop you'll see what i'm talking about). I also wasnt sure that I'd always have a matrox card in my machine (I will for a long time, but who knows when that might change). I'm very glad that I got the DC10+, no regrets.

Comment

Same here. I have a Matrox G400 and Studio DC10+ (about 180.00 on Pricewatch or shopper.com).
        It is great. I don't know about the RR but the DC10+ gives you great back to videotape output. Looks just like you recorded off of TV. Very happy with my setup.

Comment

Hmm... people are blaiming Matrox for lack of support, and then they go and buy one from Pinnacle... he he (just a minute) he hee...

Anyone that has been following video editing NG:s for the last year or so, has already seen the picture, and realized that Pinnacle support is on very thin ice, especially for the lower end ones (and up to and including the DC30)

If the card works for you and you are happy with your purchase, then there is nothing wrong, welcome to the world of NLE.

Pertti

Comment

I WOULD NOT BUY THAT BOARD SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THAT + SIGN!!!!!!!!

HATE LIST:
            SOUND BLASTER LIVE!
            COREL PHOTODRAW!
            ETC!

However I really love that MAX thing :-)

OK I'm just joking. But it really gets on my nerves :-).

------------------
            PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

Working...
            X