future g200 driver updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future g200 driver updates

g200 users are slipping to the background, as expected- new drivers are only referred to in news items and forum posts as simply "g400". it would be nice if ANT or someone would post a description of improvements for the g400 and the g200 shortly after release so users could decide easily whether it would be worthwhile to update. if this info is already available somewhere, then please direct me.

This is an ongoing issue as you can see elsewhere. Matrox simply won't give me this information so all I can do is pick up what other users have found. It is really annoying that Matrox do this, for example in the last release switching the ICD from Vsync disabled to Vsync enabled. They still have not told me that they actually did this despite my asking. All the information I get from Matrox is that a new driver has been released, nothing more than that.

Immediately on seeing the problems with 5.21 I mailed them and presented them with benchmarks showing the problem. I was told I'd get an answer as to what had happened but the next offical thing I heard was over a week later that 5.25 had been released, and that was after I'd already spotted them on the Matrox ftp, downloaded them and put them on the MURC!

This is one of Matrox's biggest problems the lack of communication. OK it's difficult but you'd think when they have something like the MURC in place they would use it to avoid all of this confusion. A couple of years back we did manage to get them to introduce a what's new file for each driver release but it only lasted for a couple of releases then they stopped doing it.

Comment

Working...
    X