No announcement yet.

Stability of new Beta OGL ICD for 5.25?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability of new Beta OGL ICD for 5.25?

Before I try out PD 5.25 with the new Beta OpenGL ICD posted, I was wondering if it had any major/annoying problems so far that should be made aware?

Thanks,
    -The-Rev-

P.S. Sorry for not posting lately...

All you have to do is backup your existing copy of the g400icd.dll file and download the new one and install it.

So far it's running great for me.

Good luck.
    Elie

Comment

It's a beta.
      It's likely not to be as stable as the ICD in the driver package..but should be faster in some games (you will probably see a jump in Q2 fps, but not as much in Q3)
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

A big question to everyone (especially the Beta Testers):

The modify date of the G400ICD.dll from PD 5-25:
        Tuesday, September 07, 1999 3:49:14 PM

The modify date of the BETA G400ICD.dll just placed on Matrox's website:
        Tuesday, July 06, 1999 5:28:22 PM

It looks as if this beta OpenGL ICD hasn't been touched in 2 months! That's pretty old. Why were these beta OGL ICD drivers not posted 1-2 months ago? Does Matrox delay the public released Beta drivers?

I guess it really doesn't matter much as long as these beta drivers give better performance.

Just sounded kinda odd,
        -The-Rev-

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004471.html
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Kruzin: Just heard your response to my above post. Thanks for clearing that up!

-The-Rev-

Comment

I´m sticking with 5.25(or 5.21) ICD. With 5.13.21 HexenII doesn´t work (not a big deal, though), and half-life displays texture corruptions "à la" g200, that I´ve not yet seen in the G400. It seems to have some kind of memory leak, because 5 minutes after playing, the framerates almost halve, without any noticeable cause.

Much more important is that 5.25 seems to have fixed the rebel icons flying around issue. That workaround hack did´t work for me and now it seem to be gone. Let´s wait and see.

Comment

Actually the situation with me is the opposite. Minor gains in Q2, significant increases on Q3test 1.06. I've seen around a 5 fps improvement in both demo1 and demo2 in the lower resolutions. Haven't tested the higher ones yet.

The direct3d drivers have improved too, they went from ver 4.11.01.1210 to 4.11.01.1250. 3dmark scores improved slightly, have yet to test other games.

Overall, very worth the download. Keep up the good work Matrox!

Comment

Working...
                X