D3D woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3D woes

Great card, but i'm having two major problems: Half-Life, and Dualhead (or, written another way, the two reasons for owning a decent video card).

My problems in HL are bizarre, when I try to run in OGL, it crashes. No ifs, no buts, just a big crash. I get a little white "An exception has occurred, this will be shut down [OK?] (no it's not bloody OK)". Alternatively, in D3D the screen just looks mad. It's dark. On all levels, incl. add-ons, its dark. You can see the sky fine, and a few textures are OK, but everything else is just black. This is in all resolutions and all color depths, and with all permutations of on/off of gizmos in Display|Settings|Advanced|Matrox Options (eg Z stencil etc). This also occurs in SW: Racer (demo) which I suspect is also d3d. Is this going to occur in all my d3d stuff (Half-life is the only 3d game i play much, so its the only one I've really tested so far). This problem sounds so far off anything else I've heard round here that either my card is f*cked or my system is f*cked. it just surprises me that my Mystique/Voodoo1 combo worked ran evrything fine yesterday.

Problem 2 is Dual Head. On normal multimonitor mode, I just a get a coopy of my primary display's windows background bitmap on the secondary and that is it. no icons, no taskbar, the mouse won't go near it, nothing nada. So I tried the zoom mode instead, this time, whenever I do the zoom, the secondary monitor just clicks and tries to go into a resolution outside of supported (ie, it looks like a VGA monitor trying to do 1024x768). I find this confusing since it is using the same profile (Super VGA 800x600) that I used to manage to get a picture with DH on multi screen.

I'm so upset that these probs are hassling my enjoyment of the grooviest video card on earth. I have NO problems in 2d or DVD or anything like that. Just D3D and Dual Head.

Suggestions???

Regards

Alex
Working...
X