Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGA Tweak....new version results. (benchmarks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGA Tweak....new version results. (benchmarks)

Hello all,

I was waiting for Matrox to release an overclocking Tweak for the G400 that would be easy to apply, before i decided to overclock...so now they have done it and i decided to try and overclock my OEM G400 32 Single Head. Here are some results using the PD 5.13 drivers and the card @ 150/200...at 1024x768x32:

-Q3 Test Demo Map 1 : 45 fps
    (32/32 Bilinear...sky off, no v sync)

-Q3 Test Demo Map 2 : 47 fps

-Kingpin Poison.dm2 Timedemo : 37 fps
    (all settings on high)

I was wondering if the tweak resets itself if you reboot or power down? Any info on it would be great....or any reply with some benchmark results would be great. Thanx for your time.

P3 500(not overclocked)
    128mb PC100 sdram
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    AOpen 40X CD ROM
    SE440BX-2 Intel Mobo
    MX300 Sound Card
    Altec Lansing 2 speakers w/sub
    Ethernet 32bit PCI
    Cable Modem (motorola)
    G400 32 OEM SH @150

------------------
    CoolBreeze aka KAST
    P3 500(not overclocked)
    128 MB PC100 SDRAM
    SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
    Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
    Diamond MX300 Sound Card
    AOpen 40x CD ROM
    Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
    Motorola Cable Modem
    Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
    17" CRT Monitor
    Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Uhhhh..

MGATweak is not put out by Matrox.

It's put out by Liew, of the murc site "MGA Tools".
    http://mgatools.matroxusers.com/

Matrox has not yet announced if they will or won't put out any tweak utils of their own
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

You have to do what it says to apply your overclocked settings everytime you bootup.
      Click Save Seetings, the put a shortcut for MGATweak in your startup folder.
      Right click on shortcut goto properties and and in the Run box put it at Run Minimized.
      When you reboot you will have your new settings. It leaves the program minimized on the taskbar, but once I reboot I just close it out and the settings stay.

Comment

You can get that info from a readmefile?
        NO!
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Uhhhhh....thanx for the correction Kruzin. What i ment to say was....I was waiting for a new tweak program to be put ON the Matrox sites for download. hehehe :P....well thanx for the info (other guy that posted) ill put it in my start up folder.

------------------
          CoolBreeze aka KAST
          P3 500(not overclocked)
          128 MB PC100 SDRAM
          Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
          Diamond MX300 Sound Card
          AOpen 40x CD ROM
          Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
          Motorola Cable Modem
          17" CRT Monitor

Comment

Stop being a smart-ass Kruzin...i didnt read the readme file yet....heheh :P

------------------
            CoolBreeze aka KAST
            P3 500(not overclocked)
            128 MB PC100 SDRAM
            Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
            Diamond MX300 Sound Card
            AOpen 40x CD ROM
            Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
            Motorola Cable Modem
            17" CRT Monitor

Comment

I find ur results odd... 1st the demo 2 should be slower then demo 1.
              2nd - I'm running my p3-500 at 575 with my G400 o/c to 153/204 and my L2 cache o/c too. My main memory is CAS2 7ns (128MB) and according to 3DMark I have the best 3D result in my computer class... and still I get only 42.6 in demo1 and 41 in demo2... isn't that weird ??? run the game in High Quality mode without changing anything (put the sky hi quality ON, put everything ON except flares and vsync) and then report ur results... I can't believe it u see I have the same computer as ur's but o/c and I get worse results... my sound card is MX300 too and my HD is a Seagate Cheetah 10000rpm U2W (fastest on earth) so it really is weird...

Comment

is it q3test 1.08 ???

Comment

I'd rather be a smart-ass than a dumb-ass

(I'm not saying that you're a dumbass, by any means)

Comment

Any advantages in switching over to MGA tweak from G200clk? I use G200clk without problems at 150/200...
                    Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Marmita,

Yes, i am using 1.08 Q3 Test. I had V sync off and High Quality Sky off, and Bilinear instead of Tri...so this might of been the difference in our two system's marks. Im sure you will get the same marks or higher with the settings i have used.

------------------
                      CoolBreeze aka KAST
                      P3 500(not overclocked)
                      128 MB PC100 SDRAM
                      Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
                      Diamond MX300 Sound Card
                      AOpen 40x CD ROM
                      Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
                      Motorola Cable Modem
                      17" CRT Monitor

Comment

Maniac,

I believe MGATweak is much more superior to G200CLK, especially with the ability to do clock monitoring. All optimized settings are preserved across different resolutions and color depths.

Isn't a GUI more friendly is its nature?

[This message has been edited by kjliew (edited 09-09-1999).]
                        KJ Liew

Comment

Just out of curiosity, where exactly is it on the Matrox site? I can't find it.

Comment

It's not on the Matrox site, because it's not Matrox software. Get it from mgatools.matroxusers.com
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I know that, thank you anyway, I must have misread the post above saying that it was on the Matrox site. I just wanted to see what they said about it if it were.

Comment

Working...
                              X