G200 With PD4.11/PD5.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 With PD4.11/PD5.13

Since Kruzin seemed shocked that I was still using the PD4.11 drivers I decided to upgrade to the PD5.13. I followed Matroxs' instructions exactly. I used their uninstall utility followed by using Win98s' FIND utility to make sure that no G200 files were left. I also checked the Registry to make sure nothing was left there. Did all the reboots and installed the PD5.13 while in Standard VGA mode.

Everything installed as per instructions. No crashes lol. Since AW3D has a built-in FPS counter and I play online quite a bit I used AW3D as my bench mark gauge. Well I was surprised to see that with the PD5.13 drivers the FPS was consistently about 6 FPS less in 2D and 3D compared to the PD4.11 drivers.

How can this be since the old PD4.11 drivers don't even use "DIME"? Wonder how the PD4.51 drivers will do on my system? I have now switched back to the PD4.11 drivers and am anxiously waiting for the release of the PD5.3x.

------------------
    Regards,
    Yow !!!!!!!
    Regards,
    Yow !!!!!!!

Did you have vsync off with the 4.11 drivers? If you did, did you turn off vsync with the 5.13 drivers before testing? Also the registry structure for the 5.13 drivers has changed so the registry hacks you would have used in the 4.11 drivers won't work with the 5.13s. Goto www.murc.ws to get the latest ones.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel, I have never adjusted Vsync in PD4.11 or PD5.13. I thought Vsync was automatically OFF in PD5.13 and am not sure what it is in PD4.11 (prob ON). I know about the different "REG Hacks" for each version of PD.

------------------
      Regards,
      Yow !!!!!!!
      Regards,
      Yow !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X