Help w.RRS under W98 desperately needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w.RRS under W98 desperately needed

I can't install RR 2.10 onto an new hard drive without getting "invalid page fault..". After trying for five days with absolute clean setup (only W98 SE and Matrox Power Desk 4.31) and repeated failure to be able to start RR successfuly I'm tearing my hair out.
    I know that I had it working before but in my quest for bigger and better I changed hard drives.
    The old RR Studio (1.80?) works fine after installation but I need the RR 2.10 to be able to use After FX 4.0...
    Any help would be deeply appreciated. I KNOW that I forgot an important detail but I just can't remember it...
    system: ABIT BH6 , Celeron 300 A (450 o.c.), 320 Megs memory, Fujitsu 8.4 Gigs, Mystique 220, Creative LIVE!,

Could you try installing it on W98 (NOT SE). I've heard other people mention issues with 98SE.
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

pollux,

i have the mystique 220 and rrs in a system with win98se and have no problem.
      check and see if mystique 220 is sharing an irq. install the drivers into default dir.
      in the device manager see if there is more than 1 display adapter, (check from safe mode)

evil

Comment

Thanks for the valid suggestions. I tried ALMOST EVERYTHING within the last five days...including going back to W'95.
        Just before I started to swap slots on the motherboard I tried to remember what was left on the software side at all. after all I was now down to my last TSR program,a small Logitech utility to allow my Trackman Marble to run.
        Heck, I uninstalled it anyway since I was REALLY out of options by now...and voila...everything suddenly worked again!!!
        The damn utility was a few years old and had never interfered with anything else before.
        I don't know what lessons can be learned here other than I've decided to make use of my swappable hard-drive inserts and to leave the video-installation truly alone from now on, no upgrades, no fooling around, just a reliable working set-up, finely tuned for video ONLY.
        I missed three days of work over this (heck, I kind of liked it actually...)and the grey hairs will stay I'm afraid.
        thanks again for even trying to help me!

pollux

Comment

Working...
        X