Cooler for G400 DualHead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooler for G400 DualHead

Can somebody awnser the following question please!!

Can you fasten a Tennmax Lasanga X Cooler to the G400, and if yes how hard is it to do?

------------------

Xor'Arch

Xor'Arch

Duron@856Mhz (for the moment), 256 MB RAM, 33 GB 7200 rpm HD ATA/66, Teac 6x24 cd SCSI burner, Pioneer 6x32 SCSI DVD ROM, Matrox G400 32Mb DualHead, SBLive! Player.

#1: Yes you can.

#2: It's easy.

Well, the cooler is attached with duct-tape. Just wrap a few rounds of tape over the sucker and you're set to go

No really, it is fastened with thermal adhesive tape. I would imagine it's pretty much like when replacing the heat sink on a G200.

How to do it on a G200: www.tennmax.com/matrox_g200.htm

Where to order: www.tennmax.com/lasagna_order.htm
    It also states here that the Lasagna BGA Cooler Type B is the one you should use for the G400.

Good luck

Ghydda

------------------
    A slowly desintegrating nobody, now with an AMD K7 500 but no mobo until Monday with 256MB Memorycard, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC cooking equipment, Plextor 40Max, SBlive Value with homemade S/PDIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 16MB SD

Only thing missing:
    Matrox RT2000

As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

I've installed one on my G400 without any problems. The original heatsink comes off without any problems (just stick a pen knife under it an pry it gently up)

------------------
      Pentium II 350MHz, 128MB RAM ,10GB + 850 MB Driver, Samsung DVD, Diamond Monster Sound II, and of course a <B> G400 32MB DH (O/C 200/150) </B>

Pentium III 500MHz, 128MB RAM ,10GB + 850 MB Driver, Samsung DVD, Diamond Monster Sound II, and of course a G400 32MB DH (O/C 200/150)
      blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
      X