smooth scroll with mouse button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smooth scroll with mouse button?

Is it my card, mouse, or w98 that wants to smoothly scroll my explorer directory listings or even the body of a long email in outook express?
    I disabled 'smooth scrolling' and all animations in tweak ui for w98 but no help. Changed to older drivers and even generic mouse drivers.
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

GO to IE.
    On the "Tools" pulldown menu, select "Internet options"
    On the "Advanced" tab, under "Browsing" is the option for smooth scrolling.
    There is a similar option somewhere in MS ofice apps...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Just a question: What do you find so irritating about smooth scrolling with a fast 2D card like the G400? ;-)

Comment

Kind of like how you have to turn off "View as Web Page" twice before it sticks. I've found that after I go through all the crap to turn it off (I like the Quick Launch bar, but everything else in the Desktop Update sucks rocks) it somehow turns itself back on. The second time, it stays off.

And don't get me started on "Mouse Select Assist". I still can't figure out how to turn that off in IE (there is an option to turn it off in Office97)
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Has anyone got IE5 and the new MS mouse with the wheel????
          It seems that it either disables the smooth scrolling automatically, or makes good use of it...

Jorden.

------------------
          I don't even know how to spell Grum err Murg err Grmrrrrrrrr.
          ------------
          Holly, Love and Tiberian Sun Rules !!
          ------------

-I want my 1120 posts back-

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yes, this is one of the evils of "smooth scrolling". I wish M$ would once and for all put a REAL UI TWEAKER in as PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM!!!!!!!

Grr... can you tell this annoys me?

Anyway, EVERY time you install a new M$ app (and twice when you install Windows) you must go in and manually turn off smooth scrolling. I can't recall if turning it off in Word fixes it for all of Office. Turning it off in Windows USED to fix Office (95 and maybe 97) but now of course you have to turn it off in Office as well.

Ugh this gets me sooooo irritated.

Hmm... although if you're using Logitech's mouse drivers you may need to disable it there as well. But don't use those drivers, they're buggy as hell and will conflict with a lot of new software and games.

- Gurm

------------------
            G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
            The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X