Found MAX's on line - only $309 US!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found MAX's on line - only $309 US!!!

They claim to have some. I didn't bother checking. http://www.pcprogress.com/scripts/vcards.idc

What's up with this do you suppose?

chuck

------------------
    Oh, No! no sig yet!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Uh...

Maybe they think there are people out there who don't know that the card can be bought for $250 or less just about anywhere else that can get them, or maybe they think they're the only ones with them in stock right now (including the Matrox Store). Hard to tell, but you can bet that they won't make much off of 'em at that price. In fact, for that, go ahead and wait for the ~$259 US nVidia GeeeForce 256 cards to arrive toward the end of the month (LOL!).

------------------
    Ace
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

1) Matrox online store (shop.matrox.com or 1-877-mbuynow) has had them for everyone (not just 3 month preorders since 9/3/99 for $249, ships same day.

2) I know that stupid $309 markup site. Stay very very very far away from them. Better yet, look them up on one of those consumer sites that tracks satisfaction with online comp part sales. They completely blow.

3) Anyone who is selling it for ~$200 (the 'good' price that shows on pricewatch and shopper) does NOT have it, I last checked 9/6/99. I'm not checking anymore, b/c I don't care. Those same sites will have it backordered for a good damn while. YMMV

Comment

Well, we shall see. If Provantage doesn't ship mine by Friday, I'll probably order one from the Matrox store. Getting sick of waiting so long for it.

------------------
        Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

LOL.

Must be buying theirs through the online store too (and not at the wholesale that vendors / distributors normally get).

Anyway, just tell 'em,

"OK. Thanks for that bit of information, and I'll definitely buy elsewhere. Oh, BTW- So are all my friends. We just enjoy getting a good laugh out of your joke."

I hate places like that.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
          X