Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenGl problems with G200 above 800x600...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGl problems with G200 above 800x600...

Hi people...

This is my first time around, so I hope you can help me...
    Almost everything I run in OGL on resolutions starting 1024x768 and above has this flickering white screen with first few lines on the top showing some kind of graphics, and the rest is all white.
    I have a Millenium G200 AGP board, with 8 Mb SDRAM, and 5.21 drivers installed...
    I also can't get my board to work on AGP 2x... what do i need to hack in the registry?

Sys specs:
    ABIT BH6, PII 400, 196Mb 6ns SDRAM, G200/8Mb, WD Caviar U/ATA 66 8,4Gb, WD Caviar UDMA33 4,3Gb, Philips 40x ATAPI CD-rom, YAMAHA Waveforce XG Soundcard, Belinea 17" CRT, SMC 10/100MBps Ethernet adapter, Windows 98 with DirectX 6.1 installed...

Sounds like a monitor deal...have you set-up the monitor to operate properly at that rez on the desktop? And have you loaded the monitor.inf file? Having or not having 2x is really not a big deal, but you can try to force it using the registery hacks here.

------------------
    Motto: Don't Fret

Comment

Yeah, the monitor is all setup nice, both as P'n'P in Windose and in Powerdesk... The problems occur only when I run OpenGL games (Kingpin, Q3test)...
      Is there something I don't know? :-)

Comment

I have found the GL drivers in 98 and NT pretty awfull above 800x600.

NT 4 is the worst of all, I am not talking about games but professional 3D Apps.
        Nendo works great in 800x600 but any higher res and it goes from smooth as silk to 4 frames per second (Nendo is open GL only)

Max GL works but is slower than direct 3D 3 in NT, and the built in software renderer which is about twice to 3 times faster.

I wouldn't even bother with NT for games, it wasn't designed for that and has no real support. Apps need a complete GL ICD not a mini GL iCD for games, which is pretty much what matrox have and have even told me so in an email.

at the moment the TNT is still the best all round card for 3D it seems, which is A REAL PAIN. If matrox would bring out a strong product in NT for 3D I'd be over the moon, but I am currently sitting on the fence till the GeForce unless matrox do something unbelivable. its been over a year since I got my G200 and still no real good useable ICD for 3D graphics in NT. Makes me wonder how I can be so loyal

Comment

Yep...
          I agree with you... I mean what use are all the hi-tech technical solutions, when Matrox can't write a decent OGl driver...

But as you noticed, it's a funny thing how you can stay loyal to the firm, although noone pays attention to your needs..
          Take me for an example... I still can't run anything in res above 800x600, but will buy G400 in few days, only to have the same story repeating...
          Makes me feel stupid :-/

Comment

Working...
          X