G400 Max and Lightwave OpenGL preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max and Lightwave OpenGL preview

Well, I received my G400 Max nearly a week ago, and it seems to be working great except for a few things. When I run the Matrox Tech Demo from the CD, it freezes my Wacom Tablet thus paralyzing myself unless I hit Ctrl Esc to access the start menu. Anyhow, that's not a big issue, but what has really bothered me is this: When I
    try to run Lightwave and use the OpenGL preview, it takes nearly 30 seconds
    for it to load up, then it only gets about 3 to 4 frames per second with
    just a simple 6 polygon cube! With my G200 and my CPU, the OpenGL preview
    opened up instantly and it was smooth as snot. Does anyone know what's up
    with the G400 Max and OpenGL? Is this another case of bad OpenGL drivers?
    or...? any ideas would be nice.

Thanks!

-Earl http://www.duke-entertainment.com

In windows 98 on my machine OpenGL in Lightwave 3D (both layout and modeler) go smooth as silk. Must be your setup/windows.

If the registry's not clean, odd things may happen.

Comment

Hmmm, I asked matrox about the ICD in NT for 3D apps, they told me that they only had a mini port ICD that isn't feature complete. My guess is that thats still the case. I'm really annoyed and waiting to see if matrox get a good NT driver before the GeForce comnes out as nvidia have one of the best ICD's in NT for 3D Apps...

good luck, I have had a g200 for over a year and the ICD still sucks in NT, its ok at low res of 800x600 in 98 though. Unfortunately 800x600 just isn't good enough for the kind of work I do so I'm using the software renderer still in max, its at least 3 times faster in a lot of things.

Comment

Working...
      X