Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k

Hey guys,

As a frequent lurker for a looong time (2 yrs at least), I figured I'd start to post with a question about win2k. Has anybody gotten the G400 or G200 to work under this OS?

Thanks!

Chris

Yup

Rags

------------------
    That's your wife on the back of my horse!!

Comment

How?

Chris

Comment

Me too, I just installed Windows2000. It has G200 drivers built in.

Comment

Hmm... I've tried installing the NT-drivers from the Matrox Installation CD, but the system freezes at the splash screen.

I would really like to know how to trick Win2k to use the NT4 drivers (or any driver at all).

Comment

Husow,

What about the G400? I've got a MAX coming soon and I'd like to know if its worth my while doing the dual boot thing.

Chris

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004345.html

Try this thread for how to get the G400 to "work" under Win2K.

Rags

------------------
              That's your wife on the back of my horse!!

Comment

There are no G400 drivers yet. Not even in beta form. The G200 drivers are still in alpha stage. I would stay clear of windows2000 with a G400.

Comment

Hunsow, if you prefer to stay away from the best OS on this planet the choice is of course yours. But in the meantime, NT4 drivers work rather well in 2D under Win2k. For 3D most of us use Win9x anyways.

------------------
                  P2c-300a/450, 192MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Creative Labs AWE64 Gold Sound Blaster, A-Trend Voodoo II 12MB, Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752 and some other fancy stuff
                  P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

Absolutely. I have the latest beta (2099) and haven't had any glitches/lock-ups/bugs etc so far.

But don't get to eager yet, when I start testing quake 3 and Opengl... (directX is disabled in this beta)

Comment

MM I think it could be the best OS for the PC platform at the moment, but there is just too much that doesn't work quite right yet. And since I can do everything with W98 as well, I deleted it last week.

Comment

well win2k + g200 OpenGL definately seems to be a no-go. i just got 2114 and i tried everything i could to get the NT4 drivers to work with no success. i'm aware that DirectX has been disabled, but OpenGL should work? shouldnt it?

anyway forget about win2k + g200 or g400, what you need to get is Windows Millenium! Quake2 went up by 18fps on my Marvel G200 PCI. the only bad thing i've encountered so far is that MGATweak hangs the system.

btw, that's 18fps faster not overclocked compared to win98 that was overclocked.

[This message has been edited by Compton (edited 09-09-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                        X