Matrox are doing it all over again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox are doing it all over again...

If you're looking for new drivers for your G400, look no more. Matrox are panicked - They are working full time on their new babe to keep up with the market.
    Just like they 4got their G200 customers (such as myself) in favor of their new G400, they are 4getting the G400 now in favor of their next-gen chip. If they want to survive, they need a new chip and fast, see what happend to ATI - they lost a 70M$ deal to Nvidia and it's just the beginning.
    You can rant as much as you want, this is what you have and this is the way it'll stay, just like with the G200.
    History repeats itself.

------------------
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 128Mb Ram, Xitel Storm Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi, Pioneer DVD rom scsi, ati rage fury.

[This message has been edited by Cloudy (edited 09-06-1999).]
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

I think you are jumping the gun. Besides the G400 MAX isn't readily available. Until the card is every where to get, IMO then it's released.

But the G200 thing was true. 6 months before we even saw a driver update.

How sad is that...

I guess only in canada this happens. No way an American company would survive this way if they treated customers with crap. :-(

Comment

I think most of us already stopped looking for new drivers. Maybe one or two got lost in cyberspace, but most of us managed to download the new drivers 5 days ago...

Now who's panicking?
      P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Scytale, check this thread:

Anyone from Matrox actually comment on these drivers?

------------------
        Cloudy
        Cloudy

Comment

People ignore this kind of Flame bait. Until somebody comes up with somthing new to flame about Just let his crap fall to page 5.

Comment

Yea...they forgot G200. That's why they are still making drivers for it. 5.13 and 5.21 are not just for G400, and they DO include improvements to the G200 drivers - guess those improvements wrote themselves?.

And they sure haven't forgotten the G400. Working full time on their next project? Maybe their R&D team. But, I get new betas for G200 and G400 EVERY WEEK. Are those writing themselves too? Just because they don't make public releases every week, doesn't mean they arent working on them.

(BTW - for those with access to dev rel, 5.30.003 is available there for d/l)
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin,

I thought you knew better.
              I still have the G200 in my other computer. Excuse me, but I even have a Millenium 1, and I don't give a damn whether they still write drivers for it or not since it's dead, so is the G200 speaking Q3 wise. How much time after the next-gen g400 went out did Matrox finally deliver their OpenGL ICD to the G200 ? Start counting - one month, two months, etc.
              I truely considered buying a G400, not anymore. I wanted to be sure that the G200 story isn't going to happen again, guess what ?
              The R&D are working on the new chipset, in a few days/weeks it'll need drivers, you know, a chip without drivers is kind of a G200 and OpenGL.
              Don't expect much improvement in the near future. Unless you call the delay between the G200 and ICD a short while.

Again, I don't care about frivers for the G200, it's dead, I'm waiting for the next crop of cards so I'll pass on my Fury to replace the G200.

------------------
              Cloudy
              Cloudy

Comment

Ahahahaha

First you try to use the G200 as a defence, then all of a sudden you don't care about it, when I show your statement was total BS.

How long before G400 was there a beta G200 ICD? Lets count...4 month, 5 months, etc. And the first non-beta ICD for G200 came out just before G400. And it's been updated since then. Just because a card is "dead" to you doesn't mean it is to the rest of the world.

And I have no idea what you are babbling about with your statement about a new chip and it's drivers. That has nothing to do with the g200/g400 drivers they are continuing to work on. It's a different department - R&D is not driver programming. The drivers I get are for my g200 and g400. The inf files don't carry any g600/800/2000 stuff.

So once again, you are just here blowing smoke for no good reason. You don't even have the G400 to make fair critisisms about it. Anything you have to say is based on your pathetic need to draw attention to yourself by posting flame bait.

So you won't be buying one. No skin off my nose. Makes one more card for someone who might buy it, come here, and participate in a constructive way.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin,

Just hoping to catch up with you on a small question: I have a G400Max everything is working wonderful for me except this one issue: (In Heavy Gear II I do not get visible water while playing the game in 32bit mode, this is the only game that I have this problem with, do you have any suggestions? I'm using the 5.21 Drivers, Win 98, G400Max on it's own IRQ of 11, really confused on what to do, this has been a problem since having my MAX, I have tried the game with a G100 and TNT2 Ultra and both show water in 32bit mode, is there a tweaking or setting that I could check on? Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, Philstat...I don't have that game. I saw your thread in the game forum, but have no suggestion, other than to try another thread over there, with r0m's name in the topic to try and get his attention. He's the games guru at Matrox, so hopefully he knows something about this issue...

Comment

"(BTW - for those with access to dev rel, 5.30.003 is available there for d/l)"

Well, they won't give me a password to the driver. I have "access" to dev rel, well some guest password that's pretty much useless.

Comment

Philstat I have the same problem with HGII with water. I have noticed a whole lot of bugs in this game, Patch is coming.

I guess my post could'nt hold back the Flame Baiter.......

Comment

Cloudy, murc is giving away free cheese today be sure to get some

Comment

Cloudy are doing it all over again...

chuck

------------------
                            Oh, No! no sig yet!
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

I don't think that you will find that Matrox have even the slightest notion of abandoning the G400. This will be their card for another 5-6 months at least. Sure, Nvidia are bringing out a new card, but why? Their TNT2 was the best thing that ever happened to 3D computer gaming just two months ago, and is more than adequate for todays, and tomorrow's needs. And now they are doing it again? The G400's hardware is plenty fast enough for anything you wish to throw at it (OK, the drivers need more work, but it's OK now, and after work on them in the future, it'll be fine then), and you just wait until the games which utilise the Dual Head and Bump Mapping and you will be so glad you got the G400. The GeForce256 is a quick card yes, but T&L, although very interesting is not a replacement for bump mapping as they are suggesting. It is a compliment to it.
                              (Ant, Phil - shall I bring up the Rust & Paint scratches example? Too tired now, maybe tomorrow)

------------------
                              Cheers,
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X