Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 installation help

Hi
    I just got my g400 16mb(oem) and I have some questions before I go ahead and install it:
    I have downloaded the latest drivers (5.21), do I still need to use the included cd for installation? Do I need to use the Matrox uninstaller utility (I haven't had any other graphic cards than the ones I have now)or will I be alright just ripping out the old cards+their drivers and clean the register from refences to them? Which program is the best for oc'ing the card, MGA-tweaks? My mobo came with an oc'ing utility (3d turbo), anyone have any experience with this and g400?

Any help is really appreciated

My current setup is: Cel.366@413/458 on MSI 6163, S3 virge dx+Diamond Vodoo2, 128 mb samsung pc100 ram, Quantum EX 10,2 gb, Xitel storm platinum, Nec 40x ide cd and Yamaha 4416 ide. I am running win98.

Pretty please, with sugar on top????

Comment

The Matrox uninstaller is just for Matrox drivers. If there are no Matrox drivers on your system, you don't need it. You also don't need to use the driver CD. The 5.21 you dowloaded is all wou need to set up the card.

Just run whatever uninstall you have for your current video card, switch to VGA mode, put the G400 in, and install the 5.21 drivers...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks, thanks....
        I'll have to rush home now, this card is burning a hole in my pocket, I mean my bag

Bzum, I'm gone...

Comment

<font color="#FF0000" size="5" face="Verdana"><strong>Read the
          Directions</strong></font></p>
          </body>

Comment

Don't ya just love that MSI board, most stable board out there period.
            PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

I'd Argue that !

------------------
              PIII-450, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17",

Comment

A follow up:
                Installation went great. The image is a bit darker than before and so much crisper and nicer. I was going to try it out on my games, but unfortunately I started with Tiberian sun. It's too addictive, I couldn't get off my computer until 4 am. No problems though. This morning I also did a quick test on Motorhead. Image quality was better than before, no stuttering or any other problems exept for some strange d3d-error message when I exited the game (no lock-up though). Couldn't go higher than 1152x864. I'm happy...

Comment

Working...
                X