Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone from Matrox actually comment on these drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from Matrox actually comment on these drivers?

Have any actual Matrox employees given an explanation for just why the ICD is in the state it's in in the 5.21 release? I find it hard to believe given all the negative feedback about these that no one at Matrox would have clarified anything. Although I don't find it that hard to believe, given their history in not usually saying anything at all.

So is the current ICD in the state it's in what we can expect for the next 3 or 4 months? Because if it is, I can only say it truly sucks in it's performance, vsynch disabled or not. The 5.13 was still better.

Well, if you can't handle 5.21, then go back to 5.13. It won't hurt anyone's feelings.

------------------
    That's your wife on the back of my horse!!

Comment

I'm waiting on a response, they said they would get back to me at the end of last week.

Comment

I swear I heard Matrox say, "20% improvement in OGL games".

Comment

Actually, it read 20(25)% improvement in OGL 640x480....

Guyv
          Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
          - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
          - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
          - 6.1 Digital Audio
          - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
          - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
          - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
          - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
          - LS120 IDE Floppy
          - Zip 100 IDE
          - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
          - NEC FE950
          - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

I could swear a pig just flew past my window.

------------------
            If you can understand my post, then you are missing the point entirely.
            If you can understand my post, then you are missing the point entirely.

Comment

How many folks at Matrox speak English? Maybe all email has to be translated first.

Comment

Ha Ha!

That was funny.

I am sure that they must be under pressure to get the OpengL problems solved because soon faster cards like the Geforce 256 will be released.

Regards,
                Manoj Mahtani

Comment

Hold on a sec....you're actually expecting a response from matrox??!?! HAHAHHAHAHHAA,
                  sorry I couldn't resist.
                  Asus K7V
                  Athlon 700
                  128mb PC133 HSDRAM
                  Matrox Millennium g400max
                  Adaptec 2940U2W
                  IBM 9gb U2W
                  Plextor 8/20 cdr
                  Diamond MX300
                  3com 905b-tx

Comment

I don't think that anyone at Matrox response to the problems with 5.21.The next driver will come (whenever) and than the old driver is forgotten!!

Comment

Come on, guys, "Haig" is the support manager of Matrox, and he has made a couple of comments. You could use the "serach" feature of the forums. He has not said too much, though, only talk about the VSYNC mainly, as far as I see.

Haig usually does respond. You can't blame him on that.

M.
                      year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

20-25% performace improvement..ha !..my ass !

they dont give a shit about us !..so long we still buying Matrox products..

geee....wery , wery , weeeeerrrryyyy ,DISAPPOINTED with so caled NEW drivers..
                        PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I too am disappointed with the new drivers. Things actually got worse for me, so I went back to 5.13 and I guess I'll just have to wait. I starting getting MORE lockups with 5.21, not just with 3D, but my whole system stability went out the window. Games would freeze my system while loading. Heaps of crashes after exiting games. And a lot of screen corruption aswell. Re-installed umpteen times, no different. Only thing I haven't tried, is downloading the drivers again ...

I've heard rumours that the 5.21 release is "broken", but that's all it is - a rumour. Sure wouldn't mind hearing something a little more official ...

Clint
                          Intel Celeron 300A @ 464mhz
                          Abit BH6 with LN BIOS
                          192MB PC100 SDRAM
                          Matrox G400 16MB @ ~132/174 (105%)
                          Xitel Storm Platinum Vortex2 (A3D 2.0)
                          Quantum KA 9.1GB 7200rpm
                          Western Digital Caviar 8.4GB 5400rpm
                          Pioneer 6x/32x DVD (Slot load)
                          Acer 76c 17" Monitor
                          MS IntelliMouse Explorer USB
                          MS Sidewinder FF Joystick
                          CTS PCI network card
                          56k ext modem, HP Deskjet600
                          UMAX 1220U USB Scanner
                          Windows98 SP1, DirectX7

Comment

If you want an official response you'll have to use the official channels.
                            But why even ask Matrox? It would be like asking Matrox if the earth was round. You don't ask, because you don't want to know their answer...

Just report your findings to tech support, but whatever you do... don't ask!
                            P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

he ..

I just copyed the whole theread to matrox texh-supp, & ASK then for explanation..lets see what the answer will be

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              X