5.21 rocks on *my* G200, anyway...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.21 rocks on *my* G200, anyway...!

Holy Cow! Did my desktop look this good before??? (No...it looked good, but not this good) And guess what? My monitor wakes from standby again!! And SiN looks PDG at 1024X768 in default OGL... ok yes I'm using xgl200 but it works, flawlessly. Unreal... works OK for Unreal.... if you know what I mean....

I had one spontaneous reboot an hour or so after I installed... that's it, no problems,

I LOVE IT!!! Thanks, guys!!!

------------------
    Holly
    "...\Till the one day when the lady met this fellow\ And they knew that it was much more than a hunch.." What? System specs? Oh, yes, right...Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, Maxtor 7GB HDD, LS-120, Promise Ultra33 EIDE controller, Diamond Monster Sound MX300, HP 8100i CD-RW, Hi-Val (Nakamichi) 16X 5-disk CD changer, Win98 +SR1...oh yeah, and a Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM.

Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Kiss...

As I just RMA'ed my G400, and have my G200 sitting on a reformatted drive and fresh install of Win98/PD5.21.017, I might try SiN again... for D3D SiN sucks, big !!! (pardon my French )

C&C:TS still works though...

Jorden, kissing (off) again.

------------------
    I don't even know how to spell Grum err Murg err Grmrrrrrrrr.
    ------------
    Holly, Love and Tiberian Sun Rules !!
    ------------

-I want my 1120 posts back-

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks Motub,
      i shall get to downloading those drivers now. I have a G200 Marvel and still using the 4.26 drivers (yeah that's right) its the only one that has worked well even though i have a brand new computer, but i think i shall give 5.21 a try.

Tony
      To understand life we should remove complexity and find simplicity.
      Tony 1999

Comment

whizz, if you're using the RRG also or any TV-in/out device, the drivers won't work

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden,

Thanks stopped in time from wasting my phone bill, so no vid tools with this set of drivers, oh well i shall continue with 4.26, at least they work.

Tony
          Tony 1999

Comment

Weird Greeby... I've told you allready to stay off the frogs... don't lick them, don't eat them, don't even be near them...

J.errrrrr....
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Word to the wise: just don't ask. Don't even think about it. That's my suggestion.

----------------------
              Holly
              Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Thanks Holly
                Thank god!
                chuck

------------------
                Oh, No! no sig yet!

Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wizz,

It works fine for me w/ the 5.21 and 1.50 Beta Video tools.

I have a Marvel too, you should try it.. but you do have to download and install both for the TV in / out to still work.

Comment

Acobra,

Are you sure, if it screws up my system where can i come and find you, i'm six foot tall and six foot wide (only kidding). I'll give it a go, with some tripidation mind you.

Tony
                    Tony 1999

Comment

Motub I'm with you, desktop looks great,everything working well,no more video breakup in games,was thinking of upgrading my monitor-no more!Who says matrox doesn't take care of it's customers,they're just little slow!This year g200 owners benifit,next g400 owners and next year we'll start all over again with the latest and greatest!

sys:amd k6-2 350 mhz,g200(Slightly overclocked)64 megs dram,quantum 9.1+ka

Comment

Holly...are you using MOC or the like?...i cant remember what everyone had done in regards to overclocking the G200....i finally have the extra cooling i need to attempt it...anyone?

-Dil
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Dilitante1 .. try g200clk or mga tweak from matroxusers site .. also mxset from gbm site is kewl

------------------
                          Giga Byte 6BXE, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram
                          G200 8M SD, driver 5.13, Bios 1.6
                          GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Wizz,

I KNOW it works fine for me, of course I can't promise anything for you. Did you ever try the 5.13 or 5.15 drivers?? I had no probs with them either. But I had to wait til the new vid tools came out to use TV-IN again.

I haven't tried TV-OUT either, cause I don't have it hooked up right now, so I can't tell you if that works.

Wait, I just tried it.. It worked fine.

It's up to you, I like to have the latest drivers that are out if possible, and they work so I kept em!!

Good Luck if you try em!!

Comment

This G200 has worked so well from the start I'm afraid to mess with it (read upgrade the BIOS and drivers)

------------------
                              Dean
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Comment

Working...
                              X