G200 "Can't capture video"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 "Can't capture video"

I'm pretty sure this is a hardware issue, possibly something to do with a video SYNC signal....
    I have a G200-TV AGP board and when using PC-VCR REMOTE if I try to record when using one of 2 monochrome CCD cameras (one cheap one, one not) as the video source I get the following error message "Cant't capture video. The video is unstable or the video standard is not set correctly". I tried playing a VCR in and when I use some video tapes that I recorded, I can record, but when using other video tapes that I also recorded, I get the same error message.

When I use Avid Cinema and try to "bring video in" I get an "Unable to use video device" error with the same CCD cameras and videos that don't work with PC-VCR, but it works with those videos that work with PC-VCR. Also in Avid Cinema, if I have one of the CCD cameras connected, when I first go into "Bring video in" option, I get a brief live image for a second or two before the error message appears.

Matrox tech support is still struggling with the problem. I saw a previous thread of the same error message that had resolved in PC-VIDEO when the user had selected the Automatic option as well as the NTSC option in the Input Standard window. This does not work for me.

I have cleared IRQ conflicts, reinstalled Matrox Drivers, been told to reinstall Windows - but have not, been told to upgrade my BIOS - and am still trying to figure out how to do that, etc.

My system is:
    Matrox Marvel G200-TV AGP
    Accelerator MGA-G200
    VGA BIOS version 1.6
    Display Driver Version 4.10.01.4260
    VDD version 4.10.01.4260
    Matrox PowerDesk version 4.26.032
    Direct Draw Direct3D Driver 4.10.01.4260
    Microsoft DirectX version DirectX 6.0

more details!...your other hardware...are you overclocking..etc...need this b4 you'll get a reply (other than this
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Actually, you need to hop to the desktop video forum, and ask the eggheads over there

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 09-04-1999).]
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

If the V-sync from your line source isn't stable, you will get this message even if the incoming video visualy looks good.

The only thing you can try is to bring down the brightness in our remote properties. If that helps, then bring up the brightness when you output the final project.

The only CCD cams that we tested are Phillips CCD cams and they do work fine.

If you like, you can ship us one of these cams and we'll have a look at it.

I also noticed the drivers you are using. The driver set that worked with the Phillips CCD cams are the current driver set on our web site. Give those a try.

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 09-04-1999).]

Comment

I did post this message to the Desktop video forum and they are silent on the issue.

I will try reducing the image brightness and see how that changes things. I don't think this is the problem as I have 2 videos exactly the same - on erecorded from the other but on different VCR's - one works, the other does not.

My other hardware is:
          Ensoniq Audio PCI sound card,
          3Com Etherlink XL ethernet card
          Telepath with x2 Technology PNP modem.

Adrian

Comment

Still "Can't capture Video..."

Since my last posting I have now found that I can record video using Adobe Premier, but I still get the "Can't capture video..." error in PC-VCR and in Avid Cinema. This error appears when I try to feed a B&W CCD amera input directly to the Matrox, and when I play some video tapes. I can record using other videotapes.
            I have:
            1) tried removing all other hardware (modem, FAX, sound card) and testing the record,
            2) reinstalled Video For Windows,
            3) uninstalled my Matrox Drivers and reinstalled the latest ones (5.15) from the Matrox web page,
            4) installed the latest version of PC-VCR,

...and none of this has made any difference.

What's the problem???

Comment

Working...
            X