How To Get G400 Work In Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Get G400 Work In Windows 2000

It won't accept the NT4.0 drivers and it displays an error when I try the win9x.

I've tried NT3.5, 3.11 and G200 drivers. I'm almost ready to edit the .inf file...

I haven't tried it myself, but I think I heard that you have to install them manually. You can't use the setup.exe. Just do the old "Update Driver" thing, and point it to the install directory.

Let us know if that works...
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

It won't work if you let the wizard "do" the job. You need to pick the manual install, then choose video cards, and Have Disk...
      point to disk1 folder on your CD (there are no drivers for NT to d/l yet for some weird reason). Ignore the warnings about not for Win2k, not digitally signed, etc. It works pretty good... some artifacts (lines across the screen with certain apps... ICQ makes some, LeechFTP makes some too - the rest work perfectly well).

------------------
      P2c-300a/450, 192MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Creative Labs AWE64 Gold Sound Blaster, A-Trend Voodoo II 12MB, Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752 and some other fancy stuff
      P2c-300a/450, 256MB PC125 SDRAM, Quantum Fireball Plus KA 18.2GB 7200rpm, Panasonic 7502B x4/x8 Ultra SCSI CD-R, Tekram DC-390U2W Ultra2Wide SCSI controller, Diamond MX300 (Vortex2), Matrox Millennium G400Max, 19" Hitachi SuperScan 752, Logitech Cordless MouseMan Wheel and some other fancy stuff

Comment

Thank you guys very much!
        I've tried everythink except the manual install and choose Have Disk.
        Testing that now

*reboot*

Comment

They will install through the wizard but dual-head does not work in W2k if you have a dual head card. I have dual head but had to install a Viper 550 PCI for my second monitor. Hopefully win2000 drivers aren't too far off as this combo (g400dualhead/V550) is problematic in win98 and a real pain to get up and running.

Comment

it worked! it worked! hurray! hurray!

Let's see what Matrox let loose on a couple of weeks...

Comment

did you get 3d to work

Comment

Did anyone get powerdesk running in win2000?

I was able to get driver installed, but no "advanced"features or pdesk.

--Marius

Comment

Ok I've now reinstalled Windows 2000 beta 2099 (latest) because I've upgraded to an asus p2b-ds with 2 P3 450@500MHz.

The G400 Max drivers works very well, no glithces/bugs/drop-outs etc so far.

Later today I will try OpenGL games. (no directX in 2099 )

Damn win2k is fast on a dual system
                  Here's a shot. Lightwave is rendering using cpu 1, while sonique/explorer/opera is using the other one.

http://home.c2i.net/aka_mecha/w2kdual.jpg

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 09-07-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                  X