• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerToys Tuesday?

Betaboiz seem to be hinting at it...

Hehehehe.

Some people are so quick to try to read between the lines

All that was said was that Haig would get word back on Tuesday about some kind of util that would make switching vsynch on and off easier.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Just wishful thinking, that's all. Don't blame you though, I'm wishing too!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

Well it's not entirely out of ther realm of possibility.
        http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004251.html

chuck

------------------
        Oh, No! no sig yet!
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Is g400 tweak not working for v-sync
          on the new drivers?

Comment

It works, but only if the registry keys for the G400 are in their correct places. There have been a couple of other threads that explained this.

Rags

------------------
            That's your wife on the back of my horse!!

Comment

Rags,
              Thanks for responding.My registry keys are correct per prior posts. I guess the question I wanted answered but didn't ask is this:
              If v-sync is enabled by default in the new drivers and I check v-sync in the tweak
              utility am I disabling it or enabling it.
              I don't play q2 so I have no way of comparing speed differances.

Comment

surferpop,

If you are referring to my program, it doesn't use 0000 hardwired, it enumerates the entries searching for G400 in the descriptions. If that fails it searches for G200. The whole point in my writing the thing. If you want to verify correct operation use regmonex.

Comment

What's this about Tuesday and "Power Toys" Are batteries included?????

A woman walked into the pharmacy and asked for a vibrator.

The pharmacist gestured with his index finger and said, "Come this
                  way."

"If I could come that way," she said, "I wouldn't need a vibrator!"

Paul...Hehehehe
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

All I want to know is:
                    If my registry is the way it is supposed to be,i.e. all entries in oooo,and I check
                    v-sync am I enabling it or disabling it?
                    My confusion lies in the fact that with the 5.13 drivers v-sync was dis-abled by default
                    and with the 5.21 v-sync is enabled by default.
                    Maybe I'm just tired( it's been a long week) but this seems like a valid question.

Comment

Apparently, Matrox is reusing the D3D VSync for OpenGL. I haven't verified this myself though.

Right click on the listview in G400Tweak, it will say "What's this?", select it and it will tell you that a check means enabled. You can replace the images used by editing the registry if it confuses you.

Email me for more information, I don't do web forums much.

Comment

Working...
                      X