Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no more lockups with the g400 (i hope :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more lockups with the g400 (i hope :)

Hi there everbody,

Here's mine "lockup" story with a g400/16Mb/oem

first i tried the 5.13 and the 5.15 drivers, butt lockups during startup and sometimes playing 3d3 or ogl where not gone. Did all the tricks, AGPx1 (in the 0001 section, discovered that after a few days <sigh> ), AGP aperature to 32/64/128Mb, busmaster on/off, etc. Installed, after full driver cleanup, the 5.21 drivers and still (though lesser) lockups.

Today I decided to do a complete new win98 install with the 5.21 release... and now I'm running at AGPx2 and didn't have any lockups anymore

2 guesses what might solved it for me:

1: left-overs from other v-card drivers, namely a creative banshee and a xentor(tnt2)
    2: with mine new fresly install i keeped the DMA of the harddisk/cdrom drivers DISABELED

System Spec:
    celeron 300a@450, abit-bh6 (old bios), 64MB pc100, sb-live, g400 16mb oem default clock with fan, teles isdn card (ISA)

q3test 1.08, 1024x768x32 all max except texture levels on 3 (otherwise a lot of swapping) 23fps on demo1

I'm very pleased with this video-card
    (had a TNT2 Xentor 16Mb for one day, butt the 2d was terible, so i swapped it for the g400 oem almost same price)

bye bye, Clemens
Working...
X