Online gaming on G400 still locks up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online gaming on G400 still locks up!

Just as I thought they had fixed the (in)compatability between the OpenGL ICD and modems/ISDN adapters, I find that it still locks up after about 5 minutes of play!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

At least those 5 minutes are now smooth

Someone please tell me its something really obvious I'm doing wrong!

(please see my old thread G400 +ISDN = dead PC? for specs)

Smiff

Oh dear it seems I was wrong about one things... its not even smooth now! theres an irregular jerking to all my movments in Quake2. Its not a typical low frame rate jerk, more of a mix of butter smoothness and complete pauses/locks many times a second. Not good. Just the same as with 5.13

Well i'm knackered. Goodnight all

Smiff

Comment

Just curious but do you have an SB Live! card? If you do make sure it's set to handle more than 4 sound streams and also make sure it's NOT set to movie mode. That'll crash a lot of different games in a hurry.

Good luck.

Comment

Yes I do! "Maximium simultaneous wave playback" is set to 4. But what's MoveieMode?

Cheers;
        Smiff

Comment

poor smiff

open gl games works fine now with 5.21...
          no more crash with my isdn card

no problem with my sb live...

Comment

yeah poor poor smiff!

They *did* work for a while after I installed 5.21.

Time to reinstall everything *again* methinks. Arghhhhhhhhh! I'm cursed

Smiff

Comment

ooooooooooooops

i was a bit optimist
              same problem again...

g400 seems not appreciate my overclocking
              (p3450@599mhz)

shit, i ll perhaps more lucky with an gforce 256...

bon matrox quand est ce que tu nous sort un produit fiable et optimisé. y en a marre d etre pris pour des vaches à lait...

Comment

Set the max # of sounds to 32 with the SBLive!. If you have the latest drivers you can adjust to the movie mode sound which emulates Dolby Digital sound on non- dolby digital systems. Most games don't like it at all. Take a look around in the different menu's for the SB Live and I'm sure you'll find it.

Also I think the G400 might not like online stuff and a bus setting higer than 115. I don't know why this is the case but if I set my system to 112 bus I can play Q3 with little or no lock-ups. At 115 it's a little more "iffy"

Comment

Thanks Allan:
                  Do you mean PCI latency? Is there any way to do set this with a BH6?

Smiff

Comment

Working...
                  X