Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Im getting some scores.....

Nothing eyepopping but VERY playable
    First the V-sync is very key to get FPS.
    Kruzin has pointed out the reg setting that you need to enable all the tweaks. To find the correct settings look at this post<A HREF=http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004217.html>Here</A> and look for all the 0000 reg's In my install I had 0001.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0001
    If your adapter is at 0001 I bet that your VGA adapter is at 0000. If you delete 0000 and change 0001 to 0000 you have to reboot and I had to reinstall the drivers.(this might not happen to you.

I also made a cocktail of the 515 and the 521 icd. And at an O/C with theMGA tweak in Q3 at 1024x768 in 32bit around with all settings on high, 1 down, I got 39.3 FPS. I feel that is fine for now. I am hoping for a great driver release soon.

People don't bash the forum regulars that are trying to help out with all that have. These people spend a great deal of time here to get things right for you guys. Try and be polite and show some respect. These people have a life to and its their choice to help out here. Who wants to read the shit that been posted here? Too much shit! Lets see what happens. NO ONE bought this card after a review and thought that it would scream. The writing was all over the net with the information that the G400 suffered in OpenGL. Did you think that all these reviewers were lying?

------------------
    PIII-450, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17",

Damn!!! Thanks LAMFDTK, you put a lot of work in all that.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

thats very true about the people taking their personel time to help us.and it serves
      no constructive goal anyway but i disagree about the opengl we were told that it has infancy drivers and that with superior bandwith and feature(not going into them) that with the new drivers we should se a dramatic gain(almost all reviewers said this)
      it wasnt supposed to be any problem with design just a driver implementation that would be addressed but clearly wasnt and not knowing where to turn to vent their anger and frustration the human machine will seek refuge with its like kind here on the matrox users group.
      and really what any other card does or will do is not pertendent to fixing the problem at hand with matrox

Comment

I apreciate all your efforts and I stated more than once: The G400 is a damn fine card. I would bough it again if I had the chance of going back (IĀ“m not quite like some people that can affors buying a new video card every 6 months)

The only thing that anoyed me was all the hype created around the 5.2x drivers. Oh, crusher and massive timedemos are up by 40%, oh, Half Life is fixed in 5.2x, oh, low res ogl scores are up by 25%...

If nobody would stated this, if matrox didnĀ“t let people benchmark some "soon-to-be" 5.2x drivers, there wouldnĀ“t be no complains. ThatĀ“s the problem.

In direct3d, the drivers are excelent. They superseeded all my expectations. Unreal got a nice boost at low res, Blood 2 is almost 2 times as fast. No kidding. They improved the already excelent d3d. (If we forgot that horrible corruption in system shock 2) Very good matrox, thatĀ“s the way.
        Now why didnĀ“t they manage to do the same thing in OGL? They are just the same or marginally better.

Comment

Where did the Rumor about this 40% increase come from??? I remember some comment made a couple months ago by some PR guy from Matrox at some Graphics Show. I have not heard any Official promise of a 40% increase from any reliable source at Matrox. Obviously this guy was thinking with the "Wrong Head" and talking out the "Wrong Orifice" while trying to impress someone and his comments spread throughout all the Graphics and Gaming Sites on the Net.

Anyone else remember the details to how this rumor got started???

Paul
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I believe I saw 10 fps increases in Q2, with the beta ICD we assumed would be included with this driver release, posted on some websites.

I can't recall seeing anything about a Half Life fix with this release. I don't recall Matrox making any comment about new drivers.

Aside from the lack of Rainbow Runner support and the fps disappointment, I'm pretty happy with ver. 5.21. I think I've learned my lesson with the Rainbow Runner. No more add-on boards.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Hey, hey, calm down, I was exagerating on purpose, that was not meant to be exact numbers! DonĀ“t want to start a rumor here! (altough I already have seen people around quoting that number in some way, maybe thatĀ“s because I chose it).

But if you want to see a benchmark with a 30% increase (at least at 640x480) go http://www.ixbt-labs.com/archive/july99.shtml.

About Half-Life: I am preety sure there was once a tread in the gaming forum, someone nagging about the poor G400Ā“s triangle setup and that being the cause of poor half-life performance (at least compared with TNT2 and V3). ROM answered that it had nothing to do with triangle setup, it was a specific bug in the ICD and they had spoted it. Yes, he has not stated that it would be corrected in 5.2x, but that happened some time ago, so I assume if it was spoted, it should be corrected in next driver revision.
              Also, every time somebody would come here complaining about half-life OGL performance, Kruzin stated - wait for the next drivers, they have it fixed, runs great now.

English not being my native language, itĀ“s natural I could have misundertood the meaning of some posts. If that happened, my apologies. But that was the general idea I got about half-life.

And as I stated above, the 5.21 drivers are ok. D3D is great, better than it was. OpenGl is not bad, it is just as it used to be.

Comment

Nuno-
                Look to this thread for some talk about HL. As you will see from the fps scores I posted there, I have no problem. I said HL would play with these drivers, and for me, it does.

And after a couple game setting tweaks, at least one other person was able to get their fps up as well...

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004248.html

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

IT WAS THAT SIMPLE???? Gl_texsort 1??? I tried that and my jaw dropped. Damn, finally OGL is FASTER than D3D. And good looking too.

Why donĀ“t was this mentioned earlier? It worked with the 5.13 ICD too?

I think I own you an apology. Kruzin, you are the man

Comment

If I had known it was that one setting, I would have said so...I just posted what I use - someone else figured out that texsort was the one that's doing it (at least for some ppl)

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

COOL!!! Another problem solved....

Comment

Will people get that this is not the kick-ass OpenGL that we all were expecting? Its not the Biggass OpenGL. OK? since this is a new card and most of us are trying to learn how to tweak it its going to take some time. Its a learning process. I bet that there will be a great driver mix coming up soon.

I just played the new driver demo full boat in D3D at a high res and it looked great! also Mig Alley is Killer on the G400 smooth and colorful. Hey game wise this D3D is king here in my book! OpenGL is "good Emough" and guess what? Thats exactly what I read here and everywhere before my credit card came out of my wallet. Case closed. I have this sucker O/C to Max speeds. and I have great tweaking thanks to K. J. Liew and his beta MGA tweak, plus reg hacks. Anyone that has been around knows that I am critical of Matrox and the G200 historical saga, but I knew what I was getting into and was ready. This card is beautiful on my monitor. Thats all Im saying...

<A HREF="http://members.xoom.com/Trainwrecker">Trainwrecker:computer addicts</A>

------------------
                        PIII-450, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17",

Comment

Working...
                        X