Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

confused about updating my drivers, bios...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused about updating my drivers, bios...

Hi all, I have a g400 16MB oem and am confused about updating the stuff on the card, do I have to update the bios, driver and powerdesk at the same time? or do i just update bios or driver and powerdesk only?

I popped up my display/matrox properties and this is what it shows...

graphics bios 1.3-20
    display driver 4.11.01.1110
    mini-vdd 4.11.01.1110
    matrox power desk 5.11.012
    direct/draw 3d diver 4.11.01.1110
    ms directx 4.06.03.0518

I love, no, I LOVE this card! and wish its performance would keep on improving.

BTW, there was a posting on...installing 5.13 drivers somewhere in this forum, is that what I should see when I do the installing/uninstalling? Thanx

Deo

Go here http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/la...millg4_w9x.htm and you will find links to the uninstaller info. Print it out and have all the details.

Flash the BIOS seperate of the driver install. Print the read me file found in the util folder of the expanded files from the BIOS update. Detailed instructions will walk you through the process.
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

Comment

Deo Durant,

The PowerDesk and the rest of Matrox's drivers are installed whenever you install the drivers via setup.exe or the inf.

As SCompRacer has pointed out, flashing the bios is a separate and independent process.

And, no, you don't have to do all the updates. Many hardware conservatives follow the credo, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Of course, I am not one of them.

Funny handle, btw.

JamesA the BOLD

[This message has been edited by JamesA (edited 09-03-1999).]
      <b>JamesA</b>: Just a <b>Dumbass MURCer</b>

Comment

Working...
      X