Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just reinstall 5.15.....Anybody with me??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reinstall 5.15.....Anybody with me??!!

All I have had is a pain in the ass with 5.21...I'm uninstalling and putting 5.15 back. Anybody with me????

Did it already.. I only have a G200, so I can't afford losing several fps with that card. I don't have the exact benchmarks, but I got a noticable inprovement going back to the previous release.
    Guess I'll have to wait till I get my G400 and see how the new drivers work on it.

Comment

I had some 2D problems with 5.21 as well. Use the drivers with a Hitachi 751 19" monitor. Whenever I booted into Windows 98 SE, the screen would turn black for about 4 seconds before my wallpaper appeared. In addition, a few hiccups with the new drivers where my monitor would flicker and go a littie crazy...get dark...click like it was trying to change Synch...and then clear up and move on. At 1024 x 768, I refresh at 111 Hz for 16 bit, 24 bit and 32 bit color. My refreshes at 800 x 600 are all 120 Hz. I have been running this monitor on a G200 since April 98. Then I replaced the G200 with the G400 Vanilla about a month ago. Both 5.13 and 5.15 seem to let the card change refresh rates from 2D to 3D with no problems. The 5.21 created some havoc for me. Guess next time Matrox releases drivers, I am gonna read this forum for a couple of days before I download. Looks like Matrox needs another release to fix the problems that they have created with these drivers. By the way...what ever happened to the Matrox diagnostic that came with all drivers through 4.51?

Thanks

Bob

Comment

By the way...I don't overclock! So I'm talking about a 400 Mhz Pentium II with 128 Mb of ram and the Vanilla is running at 125/166 as spec'd.

Bob

Comment

Sounds like you have Active Desktop on...Disable it from Display properties.

Micko,

Comment

Working...
          X