Camcorder purchase redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorder purchase redux

Ok, this time I went through the archives to research the topic before posting <g>, but it came up a bit sparse.

When choosing a miniDV camcorder what brands are the most popular with the folks here in the $800 - $1500 USD range?

I've seen good comments for the Canon Elura, the Sony TRV8 and the Panasonic PVDV910.

I would be using this for both personal use and the occasional shoot for office videos, so then I have to get a Raptor card to go with my G200 Marvel, correct?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

------------------
    Abit BH6; 300A@450; 128MB
    FastTrack66 dual KA 18GB; Marvel 200; MX300
    Abit BH6; 300A@450; 128MB
    FastTrack66 dual KA 18GB & dual Maxtor 27G 6800; Marvel 200; MX300

If you want the best mechanics on the market, buy a Panasonic - no matter which model, they all have the same rigid mechanical construction! This will give you a camcorder to last and I believe that it also has influence on your recordings (in the long run anyway!).

Good luck with your purchase!

------------------
    ASUS P2B-S, PII-350 (o/c to 412MHz), 128MB RAM, Cheetah 9.1 GB, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB 64AWE, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, Sony CDU-924S CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.
    ASUS P2B-S, PIII-550 (o/c to 565MHz), 512MB RAM, Seagate X15 & Cheetah XL, Matrox Mill. G200SG, SB LivePlayer, Plextor 32x CD-Rom, PlexWriter PX-R820T CD-R, Canon BJC-7000 InkJet, OkiPage 4W Laser and Canon CanoScan 300 Scanner.

Comment

I have a TRV7 and am very happy with it (the TRV8 should be better). I also have a DV capture card that I bought for $110 (us) that is very good. I would go for the Sony since there are tonnes of accessories for it. It is also supported by most DV Capture Cards for control of the camera through software (Video Wave etc). Although I use Adobe Premiere, the idea of using other programs to control the cameras functions is cool....even though the programs dont compare to premiere they do allow you to copy your data without having to play with the camera remote or camera controls...you do it all in the software baby.

peace!!

Comment

Working...
      X