Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.21 support G200 TV-Out resizing?

I'm currently at 32% in the download...

Does the 5.21 driver support TV-Out resizing for _both_ horizontal and vertical?

I would _love_ to be able to watch a DVD on my entire TV for once!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! !

5.21 Finaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy supports both vertical and horizontal resizing for TV-Out!

I can now watch DVDs on my _entire_ television. Wooohooo!

Not to push my luck, but when can we have TV-Out resizing for NT4 and the G200? I hope Matrox will also have it ready for their Win2K driver when that OS hits shelves!

ps- if resources are limited my vote is to work on resizing for Win2K and not NT4- Win2K supports software only MPEG2 (DVD) decoding and NT4 doesn't. Plus, NT4 will only have "life" until Win2K arrives- currently rumored to hit shelves Superbowl Sunday 2000.

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

Why does everyone want to watch DVDs on their COMPUTERS??? That's like using 4 Porsches just to tow your boat, when a good (and much less expensive) Pickup is what you need. Get a DVD player dammit! And a nice A/V receiver and speakers while you're at it

------------------
      Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I don't watch it _on_ my computer (or at least my computer's monitor)- I watch it on my television thanks to the TV-Out.

Why don't I buy a DVD player? $$$

Also, I figure I might as well wait until players support DVD-Audio, (re)writability, HDTV resolutions and higher capacity. Hmmmm, methinks I'll be waiting a while.

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

I'd rather view DVDs on a computer monitor than a TV any day of the week.

I no longer own a TV. My TV all through college and even now is a 13" Commodore 1084 monitor. Makes a damm better picture than ANY TV on the market, hands down, no contest. ROUND PIXELS are WAY better than any TV's - even a Sony with all those comb filters.

I'd rather get an industrial composite monitor, but until then I'll use my second 19" monitor. :-)

------------------
          Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium G200 AGP, Millennium II, Voodoo2 SLI, Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster 32, Altec Lansing AC5 spkrs, 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba XM-6102b CD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/96kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C900, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, OS of the week

All specs subject to change.
          The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
          The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
          The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Hmmm... 5.21 no longer seems to remember TV-Out resize changes (at least for G200) between reboots.

Anyone else have this behavior?

Comment

Where exactly is this new utility to adjust the TV Out screen size:

I have :
              TV Image Settings:
              Brightness
              Contrast
              Saturation Hue
              Gamma Correction
              Anti Flicker

Thats all.

NTSC
              S-Video Out to 33" Panasonic GAOO TV

PD 5.21
              Bios 2.6
              Win98 SP1

------------------
              P2-450;256MB PC100;Asus P2B;16MB G200 Mystique 5.21,2.6; 12MB CL Voodoo2;CL SB Live Full(LW2.1); ViewSonic 17PS; 10GB Maxtor 7200RPM UDMA2;3.2GB Quantum FB ST UDMA2;CL 2X Encore DVD-ROM kit;USR 5686 External Sportster V.90;Win98;DX6.1;IE5a etc.
              P2-450;256MB PC100;Asus P2B (bios 1011);16MB G200 Mystique 5.52,2.6; 12MB CL Voodoo2;CL SB Live Full(LW3.0); ViewSonic 17PS-2; 10GB Maxtor 7200RPM UDMA2;3.2GB Quantum FB ST UDMA2;CL 2X Encore DVD-ROM kit;USR 5686 External Sportster V.90;Win98 SP1;DirectX 7.0a;IE5.01 etc.

Comment

I'm booted to NT right now, so I'll say this the best I can from memory:

After you hit the advanced button and have turned on TV-Out, go to the "Monitor Settings" tabs. There should be 5 or 6 large colorful buttons in a column- the button to resize the picture is the top button- "Adjust the current display mode"

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 09-03-1999).]

Comment

Just installed Win98 and 5.21 Drivers.

Ohh! Noooooo ......the vertical adjustment
                  button is still grayed out.

I followed every instruction and tried a
                  lot of settings from Powerdesk Monitor
                  settings ..... what did I miss.

My Monitor is set as standard SVGA @ 800x600
                  Does enable TV-out at boot matters.
                  Using PAL.

Pleeeese help meee, help meee...

Intel Celeron 333@416 on
                  ASUS P2B 1.010, 64MB
                  Mystique G200 5.21, 2.6
                  DirectX 6.1
                  Creative DVD 5x, Drx2
                  Magic Tview Tuner BT848
                  SB16

Comment

Is only the "make the vertical smaller" (top button on left side) button grayed out? Mine was until I made the vertical size larger a couple of times.

Only other thing I can think of: did you uninstall your old driver correctly? Gotta use the seperate utility to uninstall your old driver.

Comment

Both are grayed out :-(

I removed everything following the f.....
                      manual procedure .. also used pd_unin
                      just to be sure everything was removed.

Installed 5.21 and the f...... powerdesk
                      was not under the advanced section.

Tired, I completely reinstalled windows 98 & DirectX & "@#|..5.21

.. and now I´m tired ... waiting since 8 month and still a sh.... tv-out.

Comment

Working...
                      X