This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick and tired of all the whiners...

...that complain about Matrox not putting out drivers fast enough, then when Matrox goes and rushes to try to satisfy these guys (and screw up), the very same guys are screaming and yelling about it. Too damned bad if your stupid little games don't work...

Hey, waitaminit... Come to think of it, *I* fall into that category of people I just mentioned!

Have a nice day!

Bill

------------------
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

[This message has been edited by billko (edited 09-02-1999).]
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Dec 1998 Matrox releases v4.51, then we have to wait to July 1999 until next release, a release with lots of bugs and problems to install. Then they promises a new release with muchet better performance, and when they release next version, there is NO better performance.
    And I think the uninstall procedure sucks, have to delete files and things in registry, a user should not have to do that just for insytalling new drivers.

I am a little bit jealous at NVIDIA users, they have new releases of drivers very often, with new features and better performance.
    -maxie-

Comment

I know isn't it up to 2.17 now? last time I used a TNT2 which was about 2 months ago we had gotten 1.07. All those revisions in 2 months and easily accessible? If only their 2d was as good as my G400 i'd be TNT2'n away right now. THank you Matrox for blowing it again, and im just about to receive my MAX as well.
      PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

You can be sure that new drivers are produced over there in Montreal all the time, but they just do not choose to release them. Why? I don't know - you'll have to ask them yourselves.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

Comment

And every release of the TNT/TNT2 drivers produces more bugs and random crashes. Matrox spares us from these intermediate releases, and you complain?

I had a TNT and a TNT2. Not only did the image quality SUCK in 2D, but every release of the drivers made my system more and more unstable. Yes, I'd get an extra 5fps once a week, and then I'd lose it again the next week when they fixed all the instability bugs they had introduced.

Quit yer complaining. Matrox obviously dropped the ball on OpenGL performance this time - you can bet some poor programmer is getting his head ripped off right now - but the card and drivers are overall of higher quality than the TNT.

- Gurm

------------------
          G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
          The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I never had an issue with instability with Nvidia's drivers, but that's far from the point as the 2D was unbearable. I'm not that really upset about the whole thing, I was just expecting to get what Matrox promised us, and it turned out to be false "again". I will use my MAX and I will like it, I just won't be able to play Quake II and III at speeds matrox told us we could, which is a let down. I just hope it doesn't take another 2 months to get the ICD people were saying was so good cause this one obviously is not.
            PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

Grum, if you had so much problems with your TNT/TNT2 then I belive you have a bad combination of hardware. I have used a Spectra TNT for over a year and I've never seen any instability, bugs, performance loss etc. And I play a lot of games. Unreal, Quake1, Quake2, Quake3, Rollcage, System Shock 2, Descent 3, Sega Rally, Sega Rally 2, Carmageddon 2 (ok i crashed after 5mins unless you had AGP set to 4mb with some early drivers), Rogue Squadron, MechWarrior 3, Final Fantasy VII, Forsaken, PowerSlide, Redline Racer, Need for Speed 2, Need for Speed 3, HELL I could go on and on. ALL games worked, some after a little tweaking.

But they worked.

And what do I read? all my fawe games for the moment except a few has problems, either slow performance or rainbow or crashes etc. And yes I know many people can't configure their system right, BUT I've also read ROM's bug list. HAH!

Your post can go to hell Gurm, you don't know what you are talking about.

---------
              Yes I'm a gamer. I admit it

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

ok assuming there is no problem with the new icd and it is the one expected to be very much faster than the current drivers then matrox failed real bad.i dont thing anyone should bash the constructive critisism
                i mean no-one should be happy the current developements no-one cause "no-one" has recieved the performance and stability that was promised by matrox and the beta testers.this passive style of taking whatever the hell matrox wants to put out and like it really seems crazy to me.its human nature if everytime i see you i slap the shit out of your face and you give me $10
                then everytime i see you i will flogg the shit out of your face.as long as people buy the card,keep the card,and endorse the card now matter how much they dont deliver on promised results then they will cut a few programers and ram the money deep in their pockets.now i really like my matrox card and love the visual quality but matrox listen up if you continue to dissapoint and not deliver expected results IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE now if you want people to buy this and your next card and do not want to end up like hercules you better listen.the drivers were something everyone was waiting and relying upon your not so good word for.it would have been better to put us off till you had the performance required or better yet how about delivering a high quality and fast opengl icd on time correctly
                with no problems

Comment

I dont care about reasons Matrox dont releases good drivers, I just want them. I think we customers can demand good drivers.

And there is no big problems with NVIDIA drivers like some of you says, if there was such big problems with stability and image quality, you can be sure you could read about it at lots of hardwaresites.
                  Everything I have seen about TNT/TNT2 looks great, I cant see any worse quality than my G200. So stop talkinh shit about somethings just because you want to defend Matrox.
                  -maxie-

Comment

You can Bash anyone that you feel a need to. I only know one thing, NO ONE can say that these are the drivers that were promised to increased performance like the Phantom beta drivers. And I dont see any one that has these Phantom beta drivers here posting with great results on this driver set. If you want to reach and try to compare Nvidia's drivers with Matrox go ahead. You just look foolish. At this point I dont care about Nvidia anymore, I am in bed again with Matrox. Thats my concern. And I'm getting the same feeling that I had when I bought my G200 in Aug/98. No matter what Matrox does in the future, these drivers suck right now. Call everyone a whiner. They paid-up for the card and have a right to expect a better effort than this.

------------------
                    PIII-450, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!, Nokia 447Xi 17",

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

What I am about to say now is VERY dangderous. Anyone nearby please take cover. (I myself wearing a heatshielded raincoat, in case of flames and tomatos).

Matrox Losers Gossip Resource Center!

BWHAHAHAAHAAAAA

Go tylan go tylan!

hahahahoho hehe eh errr....
                      Ok I know I'm WAY OFF but it felt kinda right after maxies post.

------------
                      Just a little more shit from the tish

Comment

Hey, Shit!

Yesh. I have mishshpelled yer name too, you whining little prat.

Don't personally attack me because I trash your hallowed favorite card... you think I had bad hardware? I bought the very first TNT the very first day it was out. It didn't run on ANY SS7 boards. None. Not a one. Oops! 3 months later nVidia finally sorted that one out!

And then there was the complete lack of a stable ICD with the card. But I guess we're overlooking that, right?

The TNT2 is a piece of CARP. At least, it was when it came out. The week they all finally got released I went through 5 cards. Not a one would run properly with a fresh install of Win98. 2 MaxiGamer Xentor 32's - both had failed fans and/or memory. 1 Xentor 16 - miscellaneous lockups mousing around in Windows, no fan to fail. 1 Creative UTNT2 - image quality so subpar that I couldn't even run it. Finally, a Diamond Viper V770 worked passably well, just substantially slower than I liked. So I switched to an ATI Rage 128. Crappy drivers, but good silicon.

And I've been doing this sort of thing probably longer than you've been alive, if you're the peurile, moronic 13-year-old you come off as.

Now keep your personal attacks to yourself, you little shit.

- Gurm (READ THE ****ING SIGNATURE)

------------------
                        G. U. R. M. It's not hard to spell, is it? Then don't screw it up!
                        The word "Gurm" is in no way Copyright 1999 Jorden van der Elst.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, If you have so big problems with TNT2, I dont think the problem is with NVIDIA product. I think the problem is inside you, maybe you should talk to somebody about it?
                          -maxie-

Comment

GO GURM!
                            can anyone say "my tnt smells like it's burning.." probably everyone who bought one!

------------------
                            386sx-16, 2 MB ram, 340 MB harddrive, 12" monochrome monitor! (it really rocks on wolfenstein 3D)
                            System 1:
                            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                            Epox 8K7A
                            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                            SBLIVE 5.1
                            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                            3Com Hardware Modem
                            Teac 20/10/40 burner
                            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Just for the sake Gurm, I really didn't mean to mispell your name at purpose. I saw it now sorry

I have no idea how you could have so bad experience with a TNT card? I admit I got one a little later that the others, but it was up and kicking in notime. No problems. None, either at NT nor 95 (yes, 95).

I remembered I praised the card a lot to my friends and family (!) about the nice feature of haveing a WinAmp OpenGL VisPlugin On the TV in NT. Now that's something which was really incredible after all the problems I had with a Hercules Thriller 3D (the Rendition 2200, remember?)

We disagree about Nvidia as a good driver-supplyer, ok, but I'm sure people really have good experience with them. This is what I've read, tried and experienced.

Gurm, I did not attack you, I attacked your post being so incredible the opposite my experience.

Cheerio,
                              Fish.

[This message has been edited by tish beta2 (edited 09-02-1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X