Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For our new forum site, a new fun thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For our new forum site, a new fun thread.

Mary Poppins was traveling home, but, due to worsening weather, she decided to stop at a hotel for the night. She approached the receptionist and asked for a room for the night.

"Certainly madam," he replied courteously.

"Is the restaurant open still?" inquired Mary.

"Sorry, no," came the reply, "but room service is available all night.
    Would you care to select something from this menu?"

Mary smiled and took the menu and perused it. "Hmm, I would like
    cauliflower cheese, please," said Mary.

"Certainly, madam," he replied.

"And may I have breakfast in bed?" asked Mary politely.

The receptionist nodded and smiled.

"In that case, I would love a couple of poached eggs, please," Mary
    mused.

After confirming the order, Mary signed in and went up to her room for the night. The night passed uneventfully, and the next morning Mary went down early to check out. The same person was still at the desk.

"Morning, madam...sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you," Mary replied.

"Food to your liking?"

"Well, I have to say the cauliflower cheese was exceptional; I don't
    think I have had better. Shame about the eggs, though....they really weren't that nice at all," replied Mary truthfully.

"Oh...well, perhaps you could contribute these thoughts to our Guest
    Comments Book. We are always looking to improve our service and would value your opinion," said the receptionist.

"OK, I will...thanks!" replied Mary....who checked out, then scribbled a comment into the book. Waving, she left to continue her journey.

Curious, the receptionist picked up the book to see the comment Mary had written:

"Supercauliflowercheesebuteggswerequiteatrocio us!"

Four expectant fathers were in a Minneapolis hospital waiting room,
    while their wives were in labor.

The nurse arrived and announced to the first man, "Congratulations,
    sir, you're the father of twins."

"What a coincidence," the man said with some obvious pride. "I work for
    the Minnesota Twins baseball team."

The nurse returned in a little while and turned to the second man,
    saying, "You, sir, are the father of triplets."

"Wow, that's really an incredible coincidence," he answered. "I work
    for the 3M Corporation. My buddies at work will never let me live this one down."

An hour later, while the other two men were passing cigars around,
    the nurse came back. This time she turned to the third man - who had been quiet in the corner. She announced that his wife had just given birth to quadruplets. Stunned, he barely could reply.

"Don't tell me. Another coincidence?" asked the nurse. After finally
    regaining his composure, he said, "I don't believe it. I work for the Four Seasons Hotel."

After hearing this, everybody's attention turned to the fourth guy,
    who had just fainted, flat out on the floor. The nurse rushed to his side and, after some time, he slowly regained his consciousness. When he was finally able to speak, they heard him whisper repeatedly the same phraseover and over again:

"I should have never taken that job at 7-up"
    "I should have never taken that job at 7-up"
    "I should have never taken that job at 7-up..."

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

So is this going to be a permanent move? Might as well test my id...

------------------
    Andrew Gallagher - andrew@agallagher.com
    Asus P2B-S (1010), PII-350 (3.5x100MHz), 64MB PC100, 12.7GB Quantum Fireball EX ATA-33, 2x2.1GB Quantum Atlas I UWSCSI, Toshiba 6201 SCSI CD, Yamaha CRW4416S SCSI CD-RW, WangDAT SCSI, MillG400 32MB DH w/ 5ns RAM(5.13 Divers/1.5 Bios/300MHz SCLK), SBLive! Retail (LiveWare2.1), JVC RX884V Dolby Digital Receiver@500W, Dell 17" (first head), ProScan 27" NTSC TV (second head), Win98SE, BeOS 4.5.1, RedHat 6.0, NT4SP5
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Oh crap, back to Junior Member status I just passed 250 posts too...
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Well, I have this name again, I guess.

------------------
        That's your wife on the back of my horse!!

Comment

I'm Back!!!!

Paul

------------------
          P3-560(112x5.0), ABIT BX6 r2, 256MB PC100, MILL G400 MAX-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, ABIT Hot Rod Controller, IBM Deskstar 18GB ATA/66, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP,SB Live!Value,USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
          and a (Very Messy Desk) ;-P
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Alright, as opposed to another "testing, testing" message...

(Must be read with an Italian accent, preferably out loud)

One day ima gonna Malta to bigga hotel. Ina morning I go to eat breakfast. I tella waitress I wanna two pissis toast. She brings me only one piss. I tella her I want to piss. She says go to the toilet. I say you no understand. I wanna to piss onna my plate. She say you better not piss onna plate, you sonna ma bitch. Later I go to eat at the bigga restaurant. The waitress brings me a spoon and a knife but no fock. I tella her I wanna fock. She tella me everyone wanna fock. I tella her you no understand. I wanna fock on the table. She say better not fock on the table, you sonna ma bitch. I don't even know the lady and she calla me sonna ma bitch. So I go to my room inna hotel and there is no sheit onna my bed. I calla the manager and tella him I wanna sheit. He tella me to go to the toilet. I say you no understand. I wanna sheit on my bed. He say you better not sheit onna bed, you sonna ma bitch. I don't even know the man and he calla me a sonna ma bitch. I go to the checkout and the man at the desk say: "Peace on you." I say piss on you too, you sonna ma bitch. I gonna back to Italy.

Apologies to any/all Italians here

------------------
            Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

alright.. posting to an old thread adds only to your old post total. hmm

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Hey, boys, who missed the old me (back in black with my usual bad attitude....)?

Cool, we can regain our identities (if we want)... Gurm, where you at???

------------------
                Holly
                "...\Till the one day when the lady met this fellow\ And they knew that it was much more than a hunch.." What? System specs? Oh, yes, right...Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, Maxtor 7GB HDD, LS-120, Promise Ultra33 EIDE controller, Diamond Monster Sound MX300, HP 8100i CD-RW, Hi-Val (Nakamichi) 16X 5-disk CD changer, Win98 +SR1...oh yeah, and a Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM.

Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                -Jay Bulworth

Comment

naturally I have to ramp up again... a good 270 posts gone...

as Greebe says.... and bigger....

-------------------
                  Holly
                  Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                  -Jay Bulworth

Comment

It's interesting, though, that while I only have 2 ( !!! ) posts, I am nonetheless a full Member and not a Junior....

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, mind you, but what's up with <u>that</u>???

.... not bigger, but stronger...

--------------------
                    Holly
                    Holly

-Jay Bulworth

Comment

I think Ant's pretty much letting us keep our member status.. just being his usual cool self

------------------
                      Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Wow I dont have to open a new Email account to get my name back ..Swweeeeettt.In keeping with the topic ..What do you call a mushroom with a 10" stalk ?? A fungi to be with..

Nice to be able to post after all this time.

Matt

------------------
                        Abit BE6 P3 450 AT 560 G400 32meg Dh
                        Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

PS its nice to be a member. Ive been here every day for over a year ,but I got tired of getting blown out of the database...Thanks for the new home Ant..
                          Matt

------------------
                          Abit BE6 P3 450 AT 560 G400 32meg Dh
                          Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Are there any juniors over here?

------------------
                            'scuse me while I kiss the sky
                            'scuse me while I kiss the sky

Comment

Doesn't look like it at this point.

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X