My experience with 5.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with 5.21

The new drivers suck bad!! The D3D is about the same. The OpenGL is horrible. Even my OpenGL screen saver has gone to hell. It used to run smooth, but now choppy, choppy, choppy....I can't believe they put such a crappy ICD on their web site. I'd be ashamed to call something so crappy a final product...my clients would have a fit. And gee....what happening, they are.

Did you install the drivers using the method recommended by Matrox?

_
    B

Comment

Instead of just blabbing on about crappy OpenGL, how did you install the drivers? How did oyu uninstall the old drivers? Did you disable/enable V-Sync?

-The-Rev-

Comment

If they were so good, why do you have so much difficulties getting them right, just as so many others here.

Smiff proclames he get a "big boost" by disabling v-sync. Another one got +5 fps in Quake3. And one more got a little more fps in Unreal. But that's all...

Now at Ants news page it says "This released contains the improved OpenGL ICD I previewed a couple of weeks ago."

So whassup Ant? how do we get those nice performance boosts like you did? re-format our harddrives? Upgrade our G400 bioses?

Please tell us, we will listen carefully and do whatever you say

Ragardily,
        Fish.

Comment

There's always a boost with VSync disabled, no surprise there. In my case, VSync is and was disabled, yet I lost 8 fps running Q2 at 1152x864...
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I used the matrox driver uninstaller utility. It seemed to have no problems. I just think Matrox forgot to tell us something, or they just f_cked up again.

Comment

Working...
            X