Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nag Nag Nag, Complain Complain Complain!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nag Nag Nag, Complain Complain Complain!!!

Okay,

Sorry Ant, but this is the first general FLAME post on your new fori.

To all of you who complain about the fps dropping in games as HL, Unreal, Quake2 and the beta Q3T, here's something shocking for y'all:

"GET A LIFE"

First you ask for 3 months for new drivers.
    The old ones didn't work with these games, and now the new ones give you even less performance.

"GET A LIFE"

Has one of you tested it on other games/apps??? Has anyone seen any difference in Windows performance yet??

"GET A LIFE"

My G400 works with the new drivers, and it works okay. Maybe y'all should stop OC'ing the hell out of your non-Max or Max and try the drivers with a clean card on a clean PC. (All besides Jacco... he should OC his Athlon to hights he never thought possible )

Last time: "GET A LIFE"

Dammit !!

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Well Jorden, besides this being a social club and a home for love and affection, it's also the place to discuss the effects of driver updates... good or bad.

Get out and go get some Holly dammit.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Will do
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

hey jorden, go impale yourself on a sharp object

Comment

I hear Holly's pretty sharp, if you know what I mean...

The preceding was an example of when innuendo goes awry.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Say agallag, how can I impale myself on Holly??

And you want to repeat that last sentence in normal English?? I'm a bit baffled... I know what I meant above, and know what you mean, but I guess 99% reading it after us don't

Jorden, Tylau'd for life !!
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I was referring to the fact that the sexual innuendo in my first sentance made absolutely no sense. I think I need a nap
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

lol.. thx agallag... I thought something completely different...
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jorden: If these drivers are blazing fast in your system, good for you. As you can see not many people can state the same thing.

For the results I am getting and system specs, I posted them in the tread I created: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004142.html

I have no stability issues. My system is properly configurated. I uninstaled 5.13 drivers with matrox unninstaller and 5.13 were from a clean install.

I am not disapointed with current global G400 performance. It´s more than adequate for my needs. I stated that more than once.
                  But I am disapointed because there was so much hype around these drivers and they don´t deliver as promised. D3D seem better, no doubt. At least Unreal is defenitly faster at lower res. But where is that 40% gain crusher/massive, where is that TNT2 level Half-Life performance (it was a specific and spotted bug, remember)?

Comment

Just re-downloaded the .21 drivers. checked the date of G400icd.dl_; 25. august 1999, 09:55:32

Just the same as the driver I downloaded 10 hours ago...
                    Let's see tomorrow. I hope it's a mistake or someone find the "magic formula" to get improvements. Right, Jorden?

Comment

I got it agallag. Sexual innuendo doesn't really have to make sense... but it does require the same cultural referents, unfortunately...

I'll head back to "on-topic land" when I get home and dl these doggone things...

-------------------
                      Holly
                      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

You guys/girls having bad 5.21 performance did try changing the V-Sync setting right?

Comment

Yes Rev. D3D synch is off, confirmed with tirtanium 1.2. Strangely, tirtanium also reports that V-synck is disabled in OpenGl (or that or my monitor is doing 18888 Hz refresh). r_swapinterval is 0 in Q3 and Gl_swapinterval is 0 in quake 2.

Comment

<G> Jorden.. ;-)

I will ok? When I am 100% positive on how to!
                            I dont want those crap japanese sites..gimme links..and OC I will..ohw tomshardware is clear?

------------------
                            Jacco
                            -----
                            MSI-6167,Athlon 500MHz,256MB,G400 16MSH(160/200)

Comment

Working...
                            X