No 3D Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 3D Display

My G400 always switches back to the windows screen instead of displaying the 3Dscreen while starting Games (e.g. Tech Demo). The Diagostice report no errors on DirectX or Bus Mastering.

Spec:
    ASUS P3B-F
    Intel PIII-450Mhz
    256MB RAM
    Win98 Rev. 2

Does anyone know a solution???

thanks in advance
    ragnar

to the new forum

Comment

I have exactly the same problem!!! Not much for help, but at least you know you're not alone...
      I have a P3-450 on a MS 6163 with a SB Live! I have tried everything I can think of without result!!!
      when I run the DXDIAG.exe it crashes when I try to test Direct3D. DirectDraw works fine, not the Direct3D. Ive tried to reinstall DirectX 6.1 and its still the same problem.
      I but i DO have a SCSI host on the same IRQ (11), but does it matter?!?!?! I tried without the SCSI adapter and nothing changed...

does ANYone have a clue of what it might be?! I thought the G400 would be a great choise on Direct3D and a bad one on OpenGL, but so far I think the opposite. At least I still can play QuakeII...

Comment

Finn, better part the SCSI from the G400 IRQ. Being a slow device, you don't want your SCSI to interfere with your video.
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Sounds to me like an IRQ sharing problem or a directx problem.
          Check the G400 is not sharing its IRQ with anything else. It doesn't matter if it isn't listed as a conflict.
          Have you tried re-installing directx?

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

Comment

Well, now I've done it (removed the SCSI adapter that is), but nothing changed
            Isn't there anybody else how has experienced this kind of trouble?! I can't even play "Expandable" that I got with my G400, on a clean installation of win98. There is something very fishy going on here...
            I have downloaded the new drivers, the new BIOS and everything and it still doesnt work.

Comment

Working...
            X