Now on a server near you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now on a server near you...

Well, I transferred the last 5 day's threads to the new forum so everyone can post to them, and I brought back a few gems from our recent past too You might check topics through the last 4 pages if you dont see what you are looking for right away.. I tried to go from back to front to keep the threads in some semblance of order, but a few might be buried.

Thanks to Joel for figuring out how to do this. If there are any threads you would like to ressurect onto this server, here's a repost of Father Joel's mighty wisdom to help you:

(Originally posted by Joel 09-01-1999 04:55)

There is a way to post to old threads that only have one page and for them to show up here. When you hit the
    post reply on an old link it will take you to the old gagames forums. In the URL listed on the address line of your
    browser change 'gagames' to 'matroxusers' and '109' to '5' then hit your enter key. This will take you to the new
    replies form on the new forums. Then create and submit as usual. This only has to be done once per old thread.

Joel

(BTW, this seems to work for threads with more than one page too)

(and Holly, I'm sorry I buried you, but I tried to tell you )

------------------
    Kind Regards,

KvH

Why? All of the threads have been transfered over.

Comment

Ant.. go back a ways and you'll see the problem we were having. If you clicked on a thread that wasn't started here, it would transfer you to the GA server and your reply would wind up there. Joel figured out how to get them to wind up HERE. You could probably have done this much more easily, but gee, you were asleep..

------------------
      Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

These forums were not supposed to be live yet we were still in the process of transferring everything over.

Comment

Sorry to have jumped the gun then.. didn't mean to cause a mess

------------------
          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

My fault I forgot to lock the forums down before I went to bed. I'll see if I can sort this mess out.

Comment

OK I've fixed everything up, off you go...

Comment

Ah this is why khagedorn had a message in the end of each and every thread I visited... tihi ¦ )

Comment

Interesting webpage, tish. Though I am part Norwegian myself I can't read the language too well

------------------
                  Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

cewl
                    I've been to Texas but I can't texian very well either...
                    Got some roots in Oslo?

Regardily,
                    Fish.

Comment

Nope, Telemark and the Lofotens.

------------------
                      Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

tish/KvH

Here's to Norwegian roots. Mine go back to Drangedal (Vralstad Gaard). Someday I'll go there.

'scuse me while I kiss the sky

Comment

Working...
                        X