X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

No G400 arrived till yet...
    But at least I do have Tiberian Sun

(Installed it and now SiN doesn't work nomore... ah well, reinstall reinstall )

Jorden.

------------------
    It's possible that nothing in this message has been Copyright 1999, Slartibartfast™. All rights, lefts, ups and downs reserved. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
    ------------
    Holly, Love and Tiberian Sun Reigns !!
    ------------

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 08-30-1999).]
    Jordâ„¢

Hi Jorden,

Tiberian sun really good? I'm still playing my old Red Alert.

Derek

------------------
    Intel P2-400@448 (112), Asus P2B (1008), G400 SH 32meg OEM, 128 cas 3 PC100, WD 6.4HD, Sb Live value, KDS AV7T, Memorex 48x, Iomega Int. Zip, USR 56k V90, Yamaha YST-M15.

Comment

It's IN !!! Jahoo !!

And yes, TS is way better than the original C&C. Played half mission 1 and am addicted allready

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

You mean the G400 is in? Looks like an early christmas today, with all those cards falling into place...
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Hi,

I've already played three missions from GDI with C&C2 from a friend. For some strange bizar reason he wanted to take it back home with him when he left. ;-)

The game is really adictive. The cutscenes are great with James Earl Jones and Michael Bean. The voxels look great. The enviroment has a great atmosphere with the dynamic lighting. Gameplay is still as good and has only been enhanced.

But the flipside of the coin:
          - Infantry looks like stupid cartoon characters.
          - The dynamic explosions look bad. For some reason they don't look as good as in the screenshots released a half year ago.
          - With voxel technology I had expected that units rotate with absolute smoothness, but it turns out that westwood again prerenders the rotation in 16 different positions.
          - The music is bad in comparison with Red Alert.

Although my complaints list might seem long, I really do like the game. But after so much hype and over 2.5 years of development it should have been perfect.

Only other bad thing is that I get my copy with a subscription to a magazine, and it probably will take about a month before I get it. Damn, damn, damn!!!

Frank Schoondermark

Comment

Hmmm, I have already posted here earlier... dontya just loce gagames?

Anyway, This looks such a cool game. I was a little disappointed when the graphics options don't let you go above 800x600 though. After a little looking, inside sun.ini, there's the following:

[Video]
            ScreenWidth=800
            ScreenHeight=600
            StretchMovies=yes

Well change those to whatever you want, and you're away!

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

My PC houses one of these things which seems to affect some people's lives far too much...

Comment

Proof !!

Jorden, having had problems allready, but none I couldn't handle myself ... SiN is a no go though

Maybe because the card is manufactured in China and the drivers come from Hong Kong... IT'S GOT TO BE TYLAU !!!!
              The Techdemo works though!!

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 08-31-1999).]
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

ok im stupid. how do you screen shot the desk top.???????

------------------
                eck...... a mouse, run its a mouse, its going to infect you with a nasty cheese fetish.
                msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
                it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Try pressing the little button on the keyboard labeled "Print Screen". Then go into paint, and select edit|paste. Voila!
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hey Jorden, I can't quite make it out in that picture of your board. At the top, about an inch from the right side, is that a fan power connector? If it is, overclock away, you've got a partial max. I got one of these lovely cards, so I slapped on a pentium fan, and I'm running quite smoothly at 150/200MHz. I haven't tried for faster yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to bump it up some more. MGATweak is awesome, BTW.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

and bigger...

Comment

here ya go Jorden.. sorry, missed it i guess

------------------
                        Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Working...
                        X