Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The return of the tombman or Matrox SUCKS AGAIN !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of the tombman or Matrox SUCKS AGAIN !

Ok, folks , i have told you but you said i was too stupid to setup my machine ..NOW WHAT ?
    40% opengl performance increase ?
    MAUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH !!!!
    NADA ! NULL ! NOTHING !
    The only thing that i noticed is that the new drivers seem to be more stable than the old ones (running for 10 minutes without a crash --wow) but that was not what we all expected , we expected PERFORMANCE !

I think in another 2 month we will see the promised performance but by then the geforce256 is out ..

And ant , if you want to ban me again , ok , i don´t care because in 2 month i will have a geforce256 ...;-)

Just read the nvidia chat log and how R0M got envy about the geforce256 ;-)

p.s.: THIS WAS NOT A FLAME BAIT !
    (just a little "letting out steam"....)

[This message has been edited by deprived (edited 09-01-1999).]

Fine you asked for it.

Comment

Woohoo here we go...!

Ok...i admit these new 5.21 drivers suck. But my G400 is still running great on 5.15. I still think you are an idiot and dont know how to set up your rig because ive never had 1 crash on this card. Yes, the GeForce looks realy good...but for $300...ill wait for the price to drop(which should come around the same time some games are made to fully support the T&L engine)...or ill get a cheaper OEM. I think $300 is waaaaaaaaaay to much for a card. And, dont rule out the S3 2000, and i believe matrox will step in with something nice...but as of now they need to get off their ass and put out a driver set that gives a boost rather than a drop or nothing at all in performace. I'll still be happy with my G400 until the year 2K...unless Matrox keeps pulling this BS on the ppl who paid good money for their board. BTW...the "Cube" Mapping on the GeForce is nowhere near as good as EBM of the G400. Some of the screenshots ive seen dont impress me at all...if i buy a board with a T&L engine...its obviously for speed and to take the work load off my PC...so the game can use more AI...and things such as that. That is another reason why i would consider the S3 2000 over the GeForce...Savage is known for better visual quality than Nvidia...and from the shots...i think it wont be too difficult to acheive a better pic quality than that of the GeForce...

------------------
      CoolBreeze aka KAST
      P3 500(not overclocked)
      128 MB PC100 SDRAM
      SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
      Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
      Diamond MX300 Sound Card
      AOpen 40x CD ROM
      Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
      Motorola Cable Modem
      Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
      17" CRT Monitor
      Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Comment

If i was an idiot then half of the g400(max) users must have been too , because they ALL had probs with their cards too.
        I think that you are an idiot if you don´t see that the 5.13 drivers were UNSTABLE !
        (can´t talk for the 5.21 ..)
        I want to play q3 at 1024*768*32 bit and FULL details at 50fps and the geforce256 will be the first card that provide this kind of perf...period.

p.s.: i don´t know how long i will be able to reply so don´t wonder if no new replies will come from me .

Comment

CoolBreeze, they DID pull this BS before. Remember the G200? :-)

Having said that, I ordered, and should receive tomorrow, a G400 MAX. I want DualHead to free up my PCI slots, and I love the visual quality of Matrox's cards.

I'm counting on the G400 MAX's frame rate to be as high as my V2 SLI rig. That's all I want.

------------------
          ------------------
          Primary System: PIII-540 (450@4.5x120), Soyo 6BA+ III, 256MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium G200 AGP, Millennium II, Voodoo2 SLI, Two Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u monitors, 3Com 3C905, SoundBlaster 32, Altec Lansing AC5 spkrs, 2nd Parallel Port, WD AC41800 18GB HD, WD AC310100 10GB HD, Toshiba XM-6102b CD-ROM, HP 8100i CD-RW, Epson Stylus Pro, Sharp JX-9400 LJ-II compatible, OptiUPS PowerES 650, MS SideWinder Precision Pro USB joystick, Logitech 3-button mouse, Mitsumi keyboard, Win98 SE, Belkin OmniCube 4-port KVM

Secondary System: PII-266, Asus P2B BIOS 1008, 128MB PC100 ECC SDRAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C590, ADSL Modem 640kbit down/96kbit up, 3Com 3C509, Mylex BT-930 SCSI card, Seagate 2GB Hawk, NEC 6x CD-ROM, Linux distro S.u.S.E. 6.1 (IP Masquerade works!)

Tertiary System: DFI G568IPC Intel 430HX chipset, P200MMX, 96MB of non-parity RAM, Millennium II, 3Com 3C900, SoundBlaster 16 MCD, Fujitsu 3.5GB HD, WD 1.2GB HD, OS of the week

All specs subject to change monthly.

[This message has been edited by IceStorm (edited 09-01-1999).]
          The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
          The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
          The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
          X