Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up Matrox's sleeve ???

Sharky said:

How does it [GeForce 256] compare to other next generation chips?

S3's Savage 2000 also boasts Quad pixel pipeline and hardware T & L. 700 megatexels/second, here for Christmas.
    Bitboys Oy has the Glaze3D Quad-pixel pipeline, 600 million dual-textured pixels/second for the 1200 model and 1200 million dual-textured pixels/second for the Glaze3D 2400 model, depth-of-field effects, accumulation buffer, downsampling and proprietary hardware algorithm to do full scene anti-aliasing with shipping scheduled for Q1 of 2000. Although, the BIG question is can they actually deliver the hardware this time around?
    3dfx is talking T-Buffer powered full scene anti-aliasing, depth of field and motion blur for Christmas.
    Matrox has something up their sleeve but if we told you, we'd have to shoot you.

Shoot me alright but first tell me WHAT and WHEN.
    I want to decide whether I should but a G400 or wait for the next.

------------------
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz,128Mb, Xitel Storm Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb Scsi, Pioneer DVD rom scsi, ati rage fury.

[This message has been edited by Cloudy (edited 09-01-1999).]
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Well it is obvious the Matrox will have a new card releasing soon. However, I wouldn't expect anything from them yet. Probably next year.

G400 Max is in mass production now and is being released world wide.

I guess whatever they come up with, will be a killer as well. Compare TNT2 and G400 Max.

Then you will have to compare NV10 and Matrox's next generation card.

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani

Comment

The nature of the computer industry is that components obsolete themselves very quickly. I think some guy called Moore said something along those lines. Get a G400 MAX, use it for 6 months see what is around then. You gotta jump in sometime :-)

------------------
      Pentium II 350MHz, 128MB RAM ,10GB + 850 MB Driver, Samsung DVD, Diamond Monster Sound II, and of course a G400 32MB DH (I like the specs of the new GeForce 256 as well).

Yah!!
      Pentium III 500MHz, 128MB RAM ,10GB + 850 MB Driver, Samsung DVD, Diamond Monster Sound II, and of course a G400 32MB DH (O/C 200/150)
      blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
      X