Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NV10, V4 , Rage 128Pro, what about matrox ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NV10, V4 , Rage 128Pro, what about matrox ?

Everyone on the net is already talking and speculating about the NV10 geometry setup and the V4 T-Buffer, does anyone have the slightest idea what is the next surprise from Matrox if any ?

------------------
    Cloudy

P2B-DS 2x Celeron 400@75 - 900Mhz, ATI RAGE FURY (what a shit), 128MB PC100, IBM 4.3GB S2, IBM 4.3GB U2W, A3D Xitel Storm Platinum, Diamond Voodoo II 8MB.
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Matrox is still deep in their G400 zone for now, they're still shipping to the pre-orders, and they have to put A LOT of work in their G400 drivers, so i'd think it's a little early for them to start talking about G600/800. They'll catch up eventually.. somehow they always do.

Comment

Well, meanwhile AMD is making history by creating a CPU that turns the Video adapter into a bottleneck...

------------------
      Cloudy

P2B-DS 2x Celeron 400@75 - 900Mhz, ATI RAGE FURY (what a shit), 128MB PC100, IBM 4.3GB S2, IBM 4.3GB U2W, A3D Xitel Storm Platinum, Diamond Voodoo II 8MB.
      Cloudy

Comment

A bottleneck?? nah. Not the G400. The memory bandwidth is still way above that of the Athlon.

Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I've only just the G400 anyway so I ain'ytinterested in anything new for a bit
          God damn the server ate my username

Comment

I'd bet the farm that Matrox is at least in the R&D stages of their next product. But we all know how quiet Matrox is. They won't start hyping a product (NV10) ages before it's available...just a few months
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I don't know if I'd classify the nv10 as ages away. They had beta hardware w/ working drivers before 3dfx got first silicon back...

Comment

All major electronics firms have several teams working on projects at different stages of development, it would be impossible to survive in an industry with a turn-over rate of 6 months without such efforts. So the G400 is at final QA testing, other teams are well underway with the next-gen card, and yet other teams are exploring possible new directions for technological innovation. Just cause Matrox aren't heralding the next card, doesn't mean they don't have one, the G400 was probably in development when the G200 was first announced!

Comment

Spike!,

Neither company has beta silicon down yet. They are still using emulators to demonstrate their technologies.

Rags

------------------
                  Some people call me the Space Cowboy.....

Comment

As far as the Rage 128Pro is concerned, I think ATI finally has a competitor to the G200. Bwahahahahahahhhh

Rags

------------------

Comment

I remember when I first got my g200, I was all excited about the Rage 128... until the first reviews started coming out. Thank god for the internet, or else I would have bought one of those little space heaters. Instead, I'm enjoying my spanky new g400 (just recently bumped to max speed )
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

BTW, check out the new kid on the block, Savage 2000. Where are you Matrox ?
                        I mean, a company has to tell what's up on the pipeline so their customers wait for them and not run away to other products.
                        The Savage 2000 will be out by Nov-Dec this year, why should people wait for the MAX when they hear about the new 700Mtexel monster kid ? So, if I'm already waiting for something, I'd rather wait for the best and currently it's supposed to be Savage 2000 unless Matrox says otherwise.

------------------
                        Cloudy

Cloudy

Comment

Rags,

how do you know they are running on emulators?

I know about the nv10 because someone I know is beta testing Q3 w/ it. The frame rate numbers he's mentioned match some of the speculation.

Comment

Because I have a close friend who happens to work at Compaq. Nvidia was trying to get Compaq to sign a deal to use the TNT2 and NV10 in their premier workstations. When Compaq asked for some samples of the Beta NV10, they were told there are none yet, and the final silicon hadn't been decided upon yet. So he asked how on earth can they make a decision based on a card that doesn't exist yet, and he was told that they are currently using emulators to test the "new features". That's how I know. This was as of 3 weeks ago.

Rags

------------------

Comment

gee, maybe I should not buy any toilet paper until the absolute best type comes out...you know the kind that doesn't rip
                              If you waiting for the future, it'll never be here so live/buy for today
                              jim

------------------
                              P2-350 o/c 450, BH-6 mobo,128mb pc-100,Mill. G-200 8mb o/c to 215 with g200clk (soon to be G400Max , win98,dx6.1,PD5.13, bios 2.3
                              THREE BIG FANS (with really nice personalities)

[This message has been edited by DuRaNgO (edited 08-30-1999).]
                              System 1:
                              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                              Epox 8K7A
                              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                              SBLIVE 5.1
                              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                              3Com Hardware Modem
                              Teac 20/10/40 burner
                              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                              X