for those of you questioning buy/cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those of you questioning buy/cancel

first off, i want to thank matt ragsdale for his help, my g400 max works properly now (i'm assuming this because hidden and dangerous doesn't lock up on me anymore =))

but if you're questioning your purchase, i must say that this video card (now that it's working properly) is quite awesome

i think my 255 bux was well spent

i got my g400 max a few weeks ago, maybe 3-4, i'm not sure

i ordered mine june 1st at about 1pm
    (when they first went on pre-order)

i think it's worth the wait, but what do i know, i couldn't even get it to work properly =P

Thanks. Do you (or anyone) have any game benchmarks with the 5.13 drivers? (especially OpenGL, i know that D3D is amazing on the G400MAX).
    Thanks again.

------------------
    [StorM]
    C583 w/256Mb, ABit BX6r2
    Waiting for the G400MAX

[This message has been edited by Storm2 (edited 08-06-99).]

Comment

if i knew how, i'd make some for ya
      but um, i gotta slow computer compared to most of you guys

amd k6-2 350 (o/c from 333) and 192mb ram (cas2 8ns)

Comment

I am glad you got it going.

Rags

Comment

Hi,

My version 1.01 (patched european version) of Hidden & Dangerous isn't working. I haven't got a max but a 'normal'G400. (They gave me the wrong one, but I'm gettin'my max soon!! My G400 is the 32megs version and I've got a k6-II 450 mhz, sb live etc..)
          But everytime I start the first campain (somewhere in Italy..)I get locked up at the very begin of the game..after 5 seconds or so..This is damn ****in'frustatin'so will U please tell me what to do???????
          Maybe turning the Z-buffer out in my hardware configuration??

HELPPPPP

Comment

I agree with nerasp on this one; when the G400 works its f%&king sweet. I mean the difference is not a subtle thing. Even OpenGL games like Quake2 ar nearly twice as fast as my old TNT in the same resolutions and at 32bit (instead of 16) colour.

Actually the G400 has changed my opinions of many games - I didn't used to like AvP for example - now I love it, and I realise now that its because its soooo smooooooth on a G400. 30FPS isn't enough for me any more - I guess i've been spoilt - which I don't understand. I mean, when you go to the movies (24FPS) you don't sit there whining "its all jerky" you just enjoy the movie. Now go into Quake2 and type "cl_maxfps 24" at the console. See what I mean?

Anyone know what's going on here?

Smiff

Comment

It's called motion-blur, Smiff.
              And that's what 3dfx' t-buffer is all about... With depth of field of course. And a little spatial antialiasing

Cherio

---------
              tihi

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                X