MGATweak ate my soundcard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGATweak ate my soundcard?

After using MGATweak for a little while and getting GOOD framerates with my g200, my speakers started crackling... i set it back to default, even updated bios to latest, removed soundcard from device manager, reinsalled, upgraded to latest soundcard drivers, still crackling.. hmmmm....any ideas. I have an old sb-16(ISA).
    Thanks for any help!

------------------
    Dual Celerys@523 BP6 64mb wd4.3 sgt1.2 g200 (pd5.13) (bios2.6-20) sb-16(ISA) 56k

Hi !

Im not sure about MGATWEAK eating your old SB16(ISA) or damage it in any way..

I tested MGATWEAK from first beta relese becasuse I am beta-tster for this fine UTIL & newer had such problem ( I have SB-Live !) .

mabe this helps : DESABLE ALL SETTINGS under MISCELLANEOUS CONTROL ,then APLY

then if this not working try this :
    1. deinstal ALL creative Labs programs if u have any instaled ,REBOOT
    2. install OLD drivers from CDrom REBOOT then,
    3.Install latest SB16 Drivers

4. INSTALL DX6.1 AGAIN

good luck !

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

I tryed everything you suggest but NO luck...its worse now, funny tho it seems to only do it on wav files, midi files play fine and cds play fine...i reinstalled pd5.13 also...still NO luck..hmmm i hate to do it but might have to format...thanks for the help.

------------------
      Dual Celerys@523 BP6 64mb wd4.3 sgt1.2 g200 (pd5.13) (bios2.6-20) sb-16(ISA) 56k

Comment

Was there something else you did at the same time as usign MGATweak? Just worth checking first

Smiff

Comment

Hi !

Im not happy..

Did you instal any media programs in past
          days...if the problem is only with WAV mabe u can trye to instal WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 6.2.xxx ,if the wav format is somehow corrupt mabe it can fix it .

If u gonna REINSTAL the whole SYS do it with format , because if u just REINSTAL over OLD WIN95/98 the problem can still be there when u starts new WIN95/98 i had similar problem with my old V2 card , something was wrong & when I reinstaled over old WIN the problem was not solved....

ahhh yes just to be sure , take your card to an other PC, instal it & if ewerything works then MGATWEAK has not made this strange corruption..ofcourse if u can...

bye...

PS:gonna stop by, to ses about the progress u make, realy want to knowe if the MGATWEAK could make this problem....

good luck !

PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

At the time i would make an adjustment on mgatweak then minimize it,(i was not running anything else at the time except rain) then jump right to Q3 to check my fps. I noticed it started crackling a little at first then became more noticeable as i would make more adjustments, everytime getting faster in Q3. I am playing a cd now... it sounds really great, its only the wav files(and games) that are crackling really bad....ive also tryed different address, irqs, and drivers, no luck yet...getting closer to format c:.

------------------

Comment

Try disable clock monitoring if it helps.

KJ Liew

Comment

gee.. ! what a job...im gled u finaly get ewrything working fine..well what to say ..if u are scared (I would be to) ,you better don use MGATWEAK again, trie POWERSTRIP 2.51.07 ,dont worry bugs are fixed..

Comment

I formatted system, the first time it was still crackling, so i took out the sound card, put it back in, still crackling, switched the sound card with modem, still crackling, took out the g200, replace it with millenium ][, still crackling, un-overclocked system, still crackling, clear cmos, put g200 back in, format again....as of right now(shhhhhhhh) it is not crackling and everything is working well... i cant say for sure what the problem was, but MGATweak did start it. It is really unfortunate because i was actually getting playable framerates out of the g200 800*600 32bit color, now im kinda scared to use it again. Anyway Thanks for all the HELP!!

------------------

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                    X