Good G400 MGATweak setting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good G400 MGATweak setting...

I've been screwing around with MGATweak for a while, and 160/200 setting is pretty much the best i could get with my G400 32Mb DH (>STILL< waiting for max) anyhow, if you're lucky, perhaps the core will allow you to do more at this setup.
    To get 160/200 in MGATweak

PLL clock - 400
    GCLK divider - 2.50
    MCLK divider - 2.00
    WCLK divider - 2.50

In my case after running some 3d progs, i had weird graphic bugs (engine problem, not mem).
    In any case, when/if you try this, just be careful, and don't jump to 160 core right away, otherwise, don't blame me

I'm sure that G400's engine can take more than 160........right?

PS: Does the MAX version have a different core as well, or just memory?

PS2: I don't think that this will have a big (if any) impact on the performance, but if you're able to tweak it, then why not?

Regards,
    Storm

Sorry to go off topic, but when poeple say that they've got a G400 and are waiting for a MAX, does that really mean that they've spent £130 and are going to spend another £150 a week or so later when the MAX arrives?! I just find it f&*cking amazing that poeple have that much money to throw around. Am I missing something big here?

Anyways, I'm gonna give MGATweak a go right now...one extra crispy G400 comin' right up

Smiff

Comment

I dunno about others, but my local store gave me a normal G400 until they will receive the MAX. I've been really nice to them in the past.

Comment

Do you know how incredible that sounds to us Brits?! There is no way, in this world or the next, that any shop in England would treat its customers so good...and you guys take it for granted. Wow. And we have to pay almost twice as much!! ARGHHHH! Its not fair!!!

(smiff explodes in a fountain of exclamation marks)

I've spent over £4000 at one place and still consider myself lucky when I don't get shafted... (OEM product when I paid for retail, dead-on-arrivals, wrong items, missing parts of the order, charged double "by mistake", a bare hard drive rattling lose in a big box without any padding, waiting hours in phone queues listening to shite music whilst running up a huge bill, tech support that knows less than I do...)

You get the picture

Comment

Hey Smiff
          You aren't the only one surprised by this. I live in the US, I have never heard of a company giving a something will you are waiting for something else, what company is this and where is it?

------------------
          Celeron 366-&gt;550, 128 MB RAM, 10.1 IBM Deskstar, MX300, G400 vanilla, HP 8100i CD-RW

Comment

Off topic, but anyways - i live in Ottawa/ON/Canada the store is Sprint computers ( www.sprintcomputer.com ). They just have a lot of discounts on things, but they screw up almost always on full systems. Their parts are just fine though. I don't really like the store itself, but they have nice deals from time to time. I was buying a bunch of components from them, so i ordered a g400max just to simplify things. It was $280 CAN, which is fairly cheap. (for some reason they either like me A LOT, or they screwed up AGAIN, since the normal G400 32Mb DH is over $300 on their site. Oh well, they already charged my card, i'll sue them if they charge me a cent more when it arrives.

My advice -- www.buy.com has the best deals.
            Sprint just happens to be instant and convenient for me

PS: Normally stores in US or Canada don't allow you to do these things, i'd think generally England would be the friendlier one

[This message has been edited by Storm2 (edited 08-29-1999).]

Comment

The core of all G400 based card is the same, so theoretically, you could run the core of a plain G400 at 180mhz!
              Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                X