Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great G400 Test !! Think you got a fast system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great G400 Test !! Think you got a fast system?

Battlezone II is out in demo form. 14 meg. I have 256 meg PIII-450 and 32 G400. With bumpmapping enabled and Full boat, I cant run this game at 1024x768. Bumping takes a big hit here. Try this out. It is the first big-ass game that has a new engine and will tax your system in a big way!

<A HREF="http://www.intel.com/home/club/bz2down.htm">Battlezone II Demo</A>

Hi!

I got the demo yesterday but I didn't find any option to enable bump mapping. Where in the options can I switch on bump mapping?

Regards,
    Manoj Mahtani
    Northwood 2.26ghz @ 3.0Ghz (air cooled!!)
    Asus P4T533
    512 megs PC 1066 - 32bit (Samsung)
    Matrox Parhelia (Retail)
    Seagate Cheetah 18Gigs 15K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive C)
    Maxtor 36Gigs 10K RPMs 8megs Cache SCSI (Drive D)
    Adaptec 29160N SCSI Card
    Aopen 56x CDROM
    TDK 40x 12x 48x CDRW
    SB Audigy Platinum EX
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
    Samsung 22" SyncMaster 1200 NF (Flat Screen CRT Monitor)
    Lian-Li PC 70 Full Tower Case (7 fans in the case)
    Enermax 650W power supply Microsoft Office Keyboard
    Logitech Dual optical mouse
    Microsoft Windows XP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consoles: Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBox, Panasonic GameCube (DVD & VCD support)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Its on by default is my guess. Pretty sweet looking game EH? Much more demanding than any game I have EVER seen before. 1024x768 is not to smooth at 32 bit I need a P3 750 ?

Comment

I know you probably get this suggestion alot, but I know from expierence that alomost every P3 450 will overclock to 550. If you have PC133 RAM you can get 580/600MHz sometimes. If you bought a prebuilt computer check your BIOS to see if it has jumperless means to overclock your BUS. Otherwise you might be able to find some jumpers on your motherboard to do the trick. You could always fork over $100 for a nice mobo too.

If you want help on OCing it, let me know.

Off to download this demo,
        -The-Rev-

Comment

Look at the water in the game its bumped right? I think bump is on auto. Although I'm not certain. I also have not messed around enough with the configs and such. At 800x600 32bit full boat its a keeper though. What a great looking game. I was floored!

Comment

The demo has no bump-mapping, we're still working with them on adding EMBM support. As for the water, that is just reflection, using same code found in tech demo

Regards,

------------------
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Before I bought this card I read everywhere that B2 would have EVBM. Even you site has coming soon. Bummer. THat means that this game is this intensive WITHOUT EVBM!! Whoa.

Rev E-mail me on Overclocking

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 08-28-1999).]

Comment

I've got a C466 oc'd to 583, with a G400 DH 32Mb oc'd to 150/200, and it runs BZ 2 demo pretty well at 1024x768x32 ALL maxed out. Looks impressive
                (probably a lot better than on a TNT2)

Regards,
                Storm

Comment

Well the eye candy and special effects are somewhat impressive(it's not anything we haven't seen before)too bad it lacks the gameplay to back up the pretty pictures.
                  Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

I agree that the gameplay is awful.
                    I do not think the graphics are that stunning, however I like the freedom the game provides in movement. On my PII 450 it is playable at 1024x768@32... anyway I really need to format the PC because my scores are relatively low in benchmarks

The game also supports SSE so if you have a PIII be sure to have that "Pentium III optimizations" option enabled... That should nearly double the FPU power and thus the polygon rendering rates
                    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

They released a patch that is suppose to fix the gameplay issue. get it at ftp.telepac.pt/pub/3dfiles/patches/bzpfix.exe (or go to www.3dfiles.com and chose your nearby server)

And why not 3dnow! optimizations? I mean, I´ve got an Intel CPU anyways, but if they code for SSE they should code also for 3dnow!. I guess Intel is sponsoring them or something like that..

Hey, guess what, I just found the link LAMFDTK provided is from intel´s site. How surprising...

Update: None of the links for the patch worked so far. The only one that worked was ftp.cdrom.com and the file was corrupted. Maybe later...

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 08-28-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 08-28-1999).]

Comment

Hi there!

I got the demo too (being a big battlezone I fan) and I think it´s great too.

But... I don´t think a PIII is required to run at 1024x768x32... The game is so complex that it is clearly fill-rate limited at that res (here I am talking with ALL the options on). I have a Celeron 450 and if I drop to 800x600x32 (16 bit no thanks ) it´s very smooth... What would you expect anyway?

And I only took a fast look in the demo, but could you spot me a place where bump-mapping is enable, like water, sky,...? I still couldn´t figure it out.

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                          X