g400 success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400 success?

I keep hearing people having problems with G400, does anyone have it perfectly working without any problems?!?!

I had early trouble with screen corruption that turned out to be mobo based (BE6) not the MAX at all. And yes the G400 is running flawlessly, although a bit more openGL speed would not hurt. Very satisfied new Matrox customer.Somebody stop me coz I'm lusting after the RT2000 now!

------------------
    C366@550 ABIT BE6 256MB PC133 Quantum KA18.2G and CR13.3G MATROX G400 MAX Mits DP900U
    C300A@450 ABIT BX6R2 256MB PC133 Quantum CR13.3G ATI RAGE FURY Mits DP900U

Comment

a;lek ;L@Q#$?@?$?#$/R/AR/eAw/r

woah be6 has problems with it?? im getting the be6 should i not??

Comment

I haven't had a problem at all, looks and works great!

Used alot of good suggestions before installing, that I think was the trick.

Derek

------------------
        Intel P2-400@448 (112), Asus P2B (1008), G400 SH 32meg OEM, 128 cas 3 PC100, WD 6.4HD, Sb Live value, KDS AV7T, Memorex 48x, Iomega Int. Zip, USR 56k V90, Yamaha YST-M15, Teac 3.5.

Comment

hehe can someone summarize the tricks so i can print it out if i ever get it.. but it does come with a manual right

Comment

HI,

I had early problems due to left over driver...cuz ive been through like 6 diff cards in the last few months (all taken back of course) trying to find the right one. Well, all it took was a C:format and a fresh install of windows 98 and now the card runs flawlessly. I finally found the perfect card. Open GL is just fine for me, but i aways am looking for a speed boost in anything...so ill nab the drivers when they come out...(i have heard something about a new driver set comming out on Friday 8-27-99) dont quote me on this but it may or may not happen.

CoolBreeze aka KAST
            P3 500(not overclocked)
            128 MB PC100 SDRAM
            SE440BX-2 Motherboard by Intel
            Seagate 8.4 gig HDD
            Diamond MX300 Sound Card
            AOpen 40x CD ROM
            Ethernet 32 bit PCI Card
            Motorola Cable Modem
            Matrox G400 32 OEM Single Head @150
            17" CRT Monitor
            Altec Lansing 2 Speakers and Sub

----CoolBreeze aka KAST----

Comment

Just to say it was plug in and go.
              God damn the server ate my username

Comment

I had a flawless installation of my G400MAX, I haven't had any major problems at all. I am about to start overclocking it to see if I can get a little more out of the little beauty.
                Most of my friends have bought v3s or TNT2s and have generally had more problems than I have had. So if you haven't got a g400 yet or don't have one on order go get one now!!!
                Asus CUSL2, PIII 800, Radeon 8500, SBLive!, 3COM 3C905C-TX-M, 384MB PC133, 19" AOC Monitor.

Comment

I didnĀ“t have a single problem installing the G400. Abit BX6, Celeron 450A.

Comment

My G400 is so generous. Even after working it's little chipset off to render on my monitor, it even shares an IRQ with the SB Live card!

Hope MAX will when it arrives.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh.

! How Sweet !

(the men in white coats are on their way)

Smiff

------------------

Comment

to the new forum

Comment

Working...
                        X