Faulty Capacitor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Capacitor question

Concerning the old bad capacitor and black and white output (which i THINK my card suffers from).

My MJPEG is black and white on my TV, ok sounds like the above problem, BUT the test signal from the Quick Connect program is in COLOR ????????

Do i have a bad card or not ???

Cheers
    Scouser

I have had this happen with a bad frames in a capture. After these bad frames everything in the mjpeg is B&W.

Comment

Just to check...

You haven't recorded in the worng colour system have you ? E.g. used NTSC when recording PAL? It will give B&W also.
      Phil
      AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

That last message reminds me, if you have S-video hooked up but have composite selected it will give you B&W on my system.

Comment

Hi,

My setup is all correct, i've double checked EVERYTHING, and tried about 4 sets of driver/vid tools combinations, and via Composite and SVHS output.

Applies also to some video footage i rendered from a 3D package using matrox MJPEG

The weird thing is that if i record to VHS then play it back, it's in color ???

If it werent for the quick calibration screen being in color i'd say my TV was screwed (or as matrox tech page says 'your TV doesn't support 4.43mhz carrier signal'), this also applies to a 4 yeard old portable with SCART.

It's all very strange.

I think i'll just have to send it back to Ireland for replacement or as someone else managed to do, get matrox to send a replacement capacitor and get someone experienced to do the work.

Any other ideas, comments welcome

Scouser

Comment

Working...
          X