TAPE to CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAPE to CD

I would like to transfer a couple of hours of video from tape to CD. (I am doing this with hopes of increasing the life of the video.) I am interested in knowing what hardware/software I will need. I am not new to computers, but I am new to performing this task.

Lets not forget the option of converting the clips to MPEG for storage on those CD's. Doing this in the 352x240 rez will allow about an hour per CD.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi!

You could do it with Matrox Marvel and e.g. Media Studio Pro.

However, your CDs could contain only
      c. 40 mins 1/4 size compressed video or
      c. 10 minutes full size compressed video or
      c. 3 minutes full size MJPEG compressed video, playable back from computer to TV via Marvel.

To purchase this hardware/software, it will cost you more than the price of a new video recorder, so you may wish to think twice before conserving your data this way.

------------------
      Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Dr. Mordrid, could you go more in depth on this topic. I also have several hours on video tape that I would like to get onto CD-ROM at a res of @ 320X200. I would like these clips to be viewable to the largest audience possible as I want to give them to friends. I'm very new to the video aspect of computers and trying to find out as much as possible. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X