Proud new parents....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud new parents....

Yes the bouncing new MAX has arrived....

My system:
    Asus P2B (bios 1010), PII400 (no o/c)
    256 Mb ram (2X128)
    SB PCI 128
    Rockwell based winmodem
    Laser master printer accelerator (ISA)
    G400max
    Sony 400PS (my pride and joy!)

So, the card arrived via Canada post from Premiere Computer in Toronto. THe box was a little crushed but the precious cargo within was ok.

Ripped out the old PCI video adapter and installed the new, blessed G400max in the AGP slot.

ran the uninstaller and installed the 5.13.020 drivers (BTW, bios 1.30) and rebooted.

system check reports G400max on IRQ11, all by itself, with no memory conflicts

AGP aperature is 64

EVERYTHING ROCKED WITH THIS CARD, all games, all openGL apps I tried

but this smooth install would not have been possible without the help from everybody in this forum. Thanks all.

Now, how fast can this baby go?

Any body have some "speedlimits" for O/C the G400 max?

The best I've seen posted for a MAX so far has been 247 for the memory clock. That puts the PLL at about 370. I wouldn't try for that high right away though, maybe start at 340ish, and work your way up a bit at a time from there.

I just have a regular g400 (w/ 5ns RAM though ), and it's running nicely at 300 (default for the max). I might try to push it some more later this week.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

and bigger...
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
      X