G400 - Which IRQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 - Which IRQ?

I know it's probably a lame question, but I discovered last nite that my G400 and the onboard audio (SB AudioPCI - Ensoniq chip 1371) shared the same IRQ - 11.

Thru some tinkering, got the G400 to IRQ 10.

Is it a big deal as to which IRQ the G400 uses? Also, any know problems w/ sharing an IRQ with the soundcard?

This has probably been asked before, but I'm feeling a little dain bramaged today.
    Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

There technically shouldn't be a problem, and if it's working, you can probably leave them sharing. If you're getting weird problems, then that's one of several possible causes. It's probably a good idea to separate them, just in case...
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

cputnam,

I have a G400 sharing IRQ with SB Live with nary a problem. Tried removing it, booting on another hard drive with fresh install of Win98, got no improvements in performance at all.

It's one of those things if it works for you fine, if not, move it around.

Comment

and bigger...
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
        X